Files match The Good Wife (KR) instead of The Good Wife

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
can2002

Files match The Good Wife (KR) instead of The Good Wife

Post by can2002 »

I run Filebot on both Windows and more commonly, on a Linux host running Ubuntu 18.04.

It works 95% of the time on Linux, but every now and then I have this weird problem where in a given directory, some files are randomly given a different series title to others. I encountered it this morning while renaming a bunch of "The Good Wife" episodes.

Here's a subsection of the files I renamed in one directory:

Code: Select all

The.Good.Wife.S01E01.Pilot.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv
The.Good.Wife.S01E02.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv
The.Good.Wife.S01E03.Home.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv
The.Good.Wife.S01E04.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv
The.Good.Wife.S01E05.Crash.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv
The command I used to rename was:

filebot -rename -r -non-strict ./ --db TheTVDB --format "{n} - {s00e00} - {t}"
The result was:

The Good Wife (KR) - S01E02 - Episode 2.mkv
The Good Wife (KR) - S01E04 - Episode 4.mkv
The Good Wife - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv
The Good Wife - S01E03 - Home.mkv
The Good Wife - S01E05 - Crash.mkv
I then tried renaming

to

The Good Wife - S01E02.mkv
and re-running the same filebot command above. The result was it changed it back to the (KR) version.

So it seems as though in the case of this show, the KR version is taking priority. If there is no episode name in the title, it gets renamed as "The Good Wife (KR)", but if it matches a show title against the non-KR version, it names it correctly.

I've searched before to see if there is any way to force a show title or TTVDB reference number but haven't come up trumps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Can
rednoah
The Source

Re: Occassional naming issue on Linux

Post by rednoah »

:idea: The Good Wife (KR) does indeed seems to take precedence over The Good Wife in cases where FileBot has nothing else to go on, and the deciding factor is likely something random such as series rating / popularity / recentness / etc. However, in cases where we also have a perfectly matching episode title, that extra piece of information usually narrows things down to one specific episode from one specific series. Unfortunately, we don't have "spill-over" effects on this level, so you can end with up with Episode matches from different TV shows for different files.

can2002 wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 10:06 I've searched before to see if there is any way to force a show title or TTVDB reference number but haven't come up trumps.
You can use the --q option to force a specific series by numeric ID. However, you may prefer to use the --filter option to include / exclude episodes in a more generic / automation-friendly manner.

e.g. query by series ID:

--q 95451
e.g. include / exclude by series name:

--filter "none{ n =~ /KR|JP/ }"

:arrow: Please read FAQ #2 for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
can2002

Re: Occassional naming issue on Linux

Post by can2002 »

rednoah wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 10:35 You can use the --q option to force a specific series by numeric ID. However, you may prefer to use the --filter option to include / exclude episodes in a more generic / automation-friendly manner.

e.g. query by series ID:

--q 95451
e.g. include / exclude by series name:

--filter "none{ n =~ /KR|JP/ }"

:arrow: Please read FAQ #2 for details.
Absolutely brilliant, thanks!! :D