General capability questions

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
Alfke

General capability questions

Post by Alfke »

I'm using latest Filebot CLI with Centos Stream. I don't have any issues but I'm wondering about the following:

1) Currently, I have a tv show sort folder AND a movie sort folder. After placing new content in each sort folder, I then run different CLI commands for filebot to rename and move each type. If I merge both the tv show AND movie sort folders to ONE sorting folder, can filebot detect, rename and move each item type to their new location? Or do they have to be processed separately as movies or tv shows like I'm doing now? My research shows both types needs to be performed separately, or I would have to implement a fancy search script using "if" or "else" "do this" with wildcards.

2) When filebot encounters a tv show episode that is not listed/updated in TheTVDB, but the show itself is listed, I noticed that filebot will rename the episode to a totally different show. When that happens, I revert my changes and try interactive renaming. Is there a way to prevent the renaming of the episode if it's not found on TheTVDB?

3) Am I able to adjust the CLI output after issuing commands to filebot? There is alot of output I'd like to remove to make reading the output easier.

Thanks,

Alfke
Licensed User
rednoah
The Source

Re: General capability questions

Post by rednoah »

Alfke wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 18:57 1) Currently, I have a tv show sort folder AND a movie sort folder. After placing new content in each sort folder, I then run different CLI commands for filebot to rename and move each type. If I merge both the tv show AND movie sort folders to ONE sorting folder, can filebot detect, rename and move each item type to their new location? Or do they have to be processed separately as movies or tv shows like I'm doing now? My research shows both types needs to be performed separately, or I would have to implement a fancy search script using "if" or "else" "do this" with wildcards.
The amc script will handle mixed content. However, processing different types of content separately is generally recommended, if possible and convenient.

Alfke wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 18:57 2) When filebot encounters a tv show episode that is not listed/updated in TheTVDB, but the show itself is listed, I noticed that filebot will rename the episode to a totally different show. When that happens, I revert my changes and try interactive renaming. Is there a way to prevent the renaming of the episode if it's not found on TheTVDB?
FileBot cannot match episodes that don't exist, and will pick the "best match" for any given file, which is going to be wrong if there is no such thing in the first place. Not using -non-strict will generally prevent this issue, at the cost of not being able to process some files that could otherwise be processed with a few lucky guesses here and there.

Alfke wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 18:57 3) Am I able to adjust the CLI output after issuing commands to filebot? There is alot of output I'd like to remove to make reading the output easier.
You can use the --log level option to make the log more or less verbose:

Code: Select all

--log [all, fine, info, warning, off]  : Log level
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Alfke

Re: General capability questions

Post by Alfke »

Awesome, thank you!

Alfke
Licensed User