Multi-episode files, non-sequential

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
DoctorBubba

Multi-episode files, non-sequential

Post by DoctorBubba »

I've run into a peculiar issue. For shows that have multiple tvdb episodes per 30 minute timeslot, it works great to select the 2 or 3 episodes in the file and rename. The problem is if they're not in order, it only displays the lowest and the highest, and could present as being too many episodes.

Is there a way to rename these multi-episode files in a manner similar to this: (S01E01E04E17)

Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Multi-episode files, non-sequential

Post by rednoah »

:?: What format are you using?

The destination path is entirely up to your custom format. If bindings such as {s00e00} don't format multi-episode matches the way you want, then you can use {episodes} and custom code to do custom formatting.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DoctorBubba

Post by DoctorBubba »

This is my current format:

Code: Select all

/storage/TV Shows/Children's TV Shows/
{ n.colon( ' - ' ).replace( '?','' ) } ({ y })/Season { s00 }/
{ n.colon( ' - ' ).replace( '?','' ) } - { s00e00 } - { t.colon( ' - ' ).replace( '?','' ).replacePart( '(Part $1)' ) } 
[{ resolution }, { vc }, { ac }, { hours }, { f[3]} ]
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's what I see:

:arrow: If you get different results, make sure to upgrade to FileBot 5.* to make sure we're on the same page:
viewtopic.php?t=13578
DoctorBubba

Post by DoctorBubba »

I am getting different results, but I might know why. I'm using the latest XPRA container, but the WebUI is still 4.9.6. I get a prompt about new features for 5.0.1 but the application says 4.9.6.

For the example you posted, I get S01E01-E07
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 5.* may indeed have improved support for non-sequential multi-episode numbers.

:arrow: You may upgrade to the latest docker image to confirm:
https://hub.docker.com/r/rednoah/filebot/tags
DoctorBubba

Post by DoctorBubba »

I just reinstalled the Docker but it still looks like the WebUI is backdated to 4.9.6. I get a prompt about the new features in 5.0.1 but the header for the web app says FileBot 4.9.6.

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You are not using the latest image. Keep in mind that docker does not auto-update images, and images can't (or rather shouldn't) update themselves.

:?: How do you manage your docker containers? Run docker on the command-line? Use some kind of WebUI management system like unRAID?
DoctorBubba

Post by DoctorBubba »

rednoah wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 03:24 :?: How do you manage your docker containers? Run docker on the command-line? Use some kind of WebUI management system like unRAID?
I'm in UnRaid. The FileBot container didn't have an update button for some reason, but it seems like the new version fixes that. I managed to remove the container, pull the image and reinstall. It looks like this new version behaves the way I'm looking for by default as well, so it's already been fixed. Thank you!

This was my first container that wasn't installed through UnRaid's app store, so I was confused about how to update it, but I got it now thanks to your help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No worries. Thanks for the feedback. We'll see if we can improve unraid integration in the future.