[Ubuntu] FileBot v4.6 not installing

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
n00dle76

[Ubuntu] FileBot v4.6 not installing

Post by n00dle76 »

I purchased and attempted to install FileBot (filebot 4.6-0ubuntu1) from the Ubuntu Software Center, but the program will not install. I am new to Linux but I have been following the guides pretty religiously and everything else has worked perfectly.

I am running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, dual boot with Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop with Intel i5-2450 CPU (2.5Ghx4)(64 bit).
I have installed Java8 and verified the version installed:
java version "1.8.0_45"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)
The first couple of times I attempted to install, it indicated that I was missing a package but provided no additional information. The last time, it gives me the following message:

I am getting frustrated and I am sure that it is probably something simple that I have not done or some setting that I am unaware exists.

I installed Ubuntu on the laptop solely to use Kodi and Handbrake for multimedia purposes and aside from the normal Ubuntu package, they are the only other two programs that I have installed.
n00dle76

Re: FileBot V4.6 Not installing

Post by n00dle76 »

Some more messages that pops up after attempting to install:

I should have copied the message for the next two, but here are the screenshots:
Part 1
Part 2
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot V4.6 Not installing

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, I can't really help with Ubuntu Software Center issues. I've never seen these errors before.

Please have a look at the Ubuntu Software Center FAQs:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Pay/FAQs

And you can also try contacting Ubuntu Software Center Support:
[email protected]

As an alternative to the USC package you could just download and install the generic Debian package instead. That might be faster than waiting for USC support. They usually ignore my issues for weeks if they ever reply at all...
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.