Deliver files to multiple locations, and brackets issue

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
scottyman

Deliver files to multiple locations, and brackets issue

Post by scottyman »

Hi guys
I'm running filebot and deluge inside Vagrant, and I've just gotten to the point of getting it sort of working.
My first issue, which I'm ignoring for the timebeing is that whenever I encounter square brackets, bash escapes them, so the files or titles are no longer able to be located.
I think it's a pure bash issue, which I'm not going to resolve anytime soon, and will try to sort it this weekend. If however anyone has seen this and solved it, I will be ever grateful ;)

The second issue is more perplexing - I'd like to deliver the files to two locations - primarily to the host OS for archiving, and a second copy to the streamer.
I want to do two copies in case the streamer dies or gets powered off - it's only got a 1tb disk, so I only use it for nearline storage of episodes yet to be watched, and on the PC I have one spinning disk for longer term archiving.
Rather than having another folder watch task that watches the local folder for new arrivals, I'd like filebot to copy out the new files to two locations.
Is this possible, or is it too much like hard work.

Best regards, and great product.
Cheers
rednoah
The Source

Re: Deliver files to multiple locations, and brackets issue

Post by rednoah »

FileBot is certainly not doing cmdline calls to copy files, so shell isn't involved in copying files, so I don't quite understand the issue.

If you're trying to pass in some complicated format, here's tools that might help:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1041

FileBot cannot move/copy/etc files to 2 locations.

I'd use rsync with some "recently modified" file filter, and then sync files to the other locations, once FileBot has organised things into the first location.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.