Is it possible to add files from SAMBA shares?

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
rpgmaker

Is it possible to add files from SAMBA shares?

Post by rpgmaker »

Hi everyone,

I installed filebot_4.6.1_amd64.deb but even though I think this is supposed to be able to rename files on samba shares I can't seem to get it to see said files. I have tried everything from drag and dropping them to browsing to the files directly but once I enter the samba share filebot doesn't see anything else, no other directory etc. Example filename: smb://diskstation/disk1/Videos/TV%20Shows/Hanzawa%20Naoki/Hanzawa.Naoki.E01.720p.HDTV.x264.AAC-NGB.mkv

I don't think screenshots are needed for this (the files simply don't show up in the 'original files' once dropped) but let me know if you need anything else. My sysinfo:

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.6.1 (r3315)
JNA Native: 4.0.1
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.69
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (/usr/share/filebot/fpcalc)
Extended Attributes: OK
Groovy Engine: 2.4.5
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_92
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 208 MB Used Memory
Package: DEB
Data: /home/USERNAME/.filebot
uname: Linux laptop 3.13.0-43-generic #72-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 8 19:35:06 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
rednoah
The Source

Re: Is it possible to add files from SAMBA shares?

Post by rednoah »

You can't just drop SMB URLs. You need to mount the smb share into the filesystem first.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rpgmaker

Post by rpgmaker »

rednoah wrote:You can't just drop SMB URLs. You need to mount the smb share into the filesystem first.
I didn't dropped the smb url, I mounted the filesystem and used nautilus to drag and drop the files. I put the url because in the "how to request help" post it says "Include file paths as text" so I included an example. To reiterate, my smb share is mounted, I'm using nautilus to navigate to the files I want to rename and I'm drag and dropping them to the 'original files' pane of filebot but nothing it's being added.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Where is your smb share mounted? Go to this path and then select files from there.

Assuming that the share is mounted into the local file system, filebot will see remote files exactly the same as local files.

PS: Nautilus may drop smb urls instead of file paths if you open a share via smb url instead of local mount point.
rpgmaker

Post by rpgmaker »

rednoah wrote:PS: Nautilus may drop smb urls instead of file paths if you open a share via smb url instead of local mount point.
I was a little confused with this so I searched and this answer came up: http://askubuntu.com/questions/343205/w ... 263#343263 but going through the /run/user/<username>/gvfs directory didn't solve anything, it was like going through the network shares access. How can I drop the files in a way that filebot could recognize it on linux? If I need another file manager I'd install it even if only be able to DnD the files in filebot.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

A different file manager may be a solution if you absolutely need to use drag-n-drop. Alternatively, you could just use the Load/Save buttons to select files from the /run/user/<username>/gvfs folder within FileBot.
rpgmaker

Post by rpgmaker »

rednoah wrote:Alternatively, you could just use the Load/Save buttons to select files from the /run/user/<username>/gvfs folder within FileBot.
It seems that if you open filebot before mounting the smb share he doesn't see anything when you go to the /run/user/<username>/gvfs directory. I closed it and opened it after mounting the shares and now I can see the files :D

Great app btw! Saves me a lot of pain renaming shows that xbmc couldn't figure out :D