{vf} binding not working (if path contains *****)

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
mikemelo17

{vf} binding not working (if path contains *****)

Post by mikemelo17 »

Running 16.04 Ubuntu 64 bit. {vf} binding does get me that info, it shows up in the x= view no problem.

Here is my sample syntax I'm trying to make work, all of it works except vf.

Code: Select all

/{n} ({y}) {vf} - {group}/{n} ({y}) {vf} - {group}

Here is the output of my fn:sysinfo

plex@PlexServer:~$ sudo filebot -script "fn:sysinfo"
FileBot 4.7.2 (r4178)
JNA Native: 4.0.1
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.69
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (/usr/share/filebot/fpcalc)
Extended Attributes: OK
GVFS: OK
Groovy Engine: 2.4.7
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_101
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 6 GB Max Memory / 28 MB Used Memory
Package: DEB
Data: /home/plex/.filebot
uname: Linux PlexServer 4.4.0-36-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 11 18:01:55 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
rednoah
The Source

Re: {vf} binding not working

Post by rednoah »

The log says everything is working fine (though sudo is probably not a good idea). I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Please post logs or screenshots that show {vf} not working.

MediaInfoLib - v0.7.69 means that MediaInfo is working, but your report indicates that mediainfo bindings like {vf} {ac} {resolution} etc are not working. Maybe it's broken for a specific file. Please try a couple of files. If you're using the GUI then the Filter->MediaInfo panel will be useful for that.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mikemelo17

Post by mikemelo17 »

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What is the sample file you're testing with in the Format Editor? Is it the same one you're testing with? According to {group} it's not. Please double-click the "New Names" item to test with exactly that file/movie pair.

Since we know that it works for your sample file. Have you tried dropping that sample file into FileBot to see if that works?

Please use Filter->MediaInfo to confirm that MediaInfo is generally working for those specific files. Run with via "filebot" from console so you'll see error output if there is any.

PS: Starting your format with /{n} is a very bad idea... Don't abuse your file system root! :lol:
mikemelo17

Post by mikemelo17 »

I have no idea where the filter option->mediainfo is??

I just drag and drop into the gui. Not super proficient with this yet.

Oh I did not change the sample file that was the default, I have now changed it to one of the files in the image and it's coming up with an error now. Binding {vf} failed to open media file.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

On the left, below the 4th big icon of a funnel, it'll say Filter. Click that. Then drag files into the area that says File Tree. Then click the MediaInfo tab and see if it shows MediaInfo for all your files.

Open Terminal. Enter filebot. FileBot GUI will start and you'll see console output on the console.

The Format Editor does not have a sample file so you must have selected a sample file at some point. FileBot and MediaInfo are working fine then.

Did you try renaming yet? Are the files real valid media files and not 0 byte test files? You either have a permissions problem or broken files.
mikemelo17

Post by mikemelo17 »

Sorry for the delay, so I tried filter, but nothing is showing on the mediainfo tab. I opened terminal and opened filebot through there

Lets say I have this file: Bastille.Day.2016.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-HDMaNiAcS

It won't give me the VF data. If turns out to be Bastille Day (2016) HDMaNiAcS

But if I have this file already renamed like how I want it, it will show the VF data. example:

12 Rounds 3 Lockdown (2015) 1080p - iFT it will still show as 12 Rounds 3 Lockdown (2015) 1080p - iFT when I match it.

I am now getting some access denied but this is only for movie files. TV files I have no issues. I've tried on different drives as well. These are real valid media files as well.

AccessDeniedException: /Cast Away (2000) - CRiSC
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /Cast Away (2000) - CRiSC
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction.lambda$actionPerformed$1(RenameAction.java:99)
	at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI.withWaitCursor(SwingUI.java:289)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction.actionPerformed(RenameAction.java:78)
Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /Cast Away (2000) - CRiSC
	at net.filebot.util.FileUtilities.resolveDestination(FileUtilities.java:115)
	at net.filebot.util.FileUtilities.moveRename(FileUtilities.java:60)
	at net.filebot.StandardRenameAction$1.rename(StandardRenameAction.java:23)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction$RenameWorker.call(RenameAction.java:328)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction$RenameWorker.call(RenameAction.java:299)
	at net.filebot.util.ui.ProgressMonitor$1.call(ProgressMonitor.java:27)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{vf} is based on the video resolution of the media file and it'll work regardless of the filename which completely irrelevant in this case.

e.g.
valid media file named "asdf.avi" => OK
invalid media file named "Avatar.720p.avi" => NOT OK

{group} is based on the filename and will only work if the filename contains the group info.

You may use the command-line to view mediainfo:

filebot -mediainfo /path/to/files --format "f={f}; vc={vc}; ac={ac}; vf={vf}; resolution={resolution}; bytes={bytes}"

mikemelo17 wrote:I tried filter, but nothing is showing on the mediainfo tab
It'll either work, or it'll show some sort of error in the terminal. If it's empty then there'll be error output in the terminal.

AccessDeniedException: /Cast Away (2000) - CRiSC
rednoah wrote:PS: Starting your format with /{n} is a very bad idea... Don't abuse your file system root! :lol:
As I said before, the OS does not allow you to mess with the filesystem root (as it should). Keep in mind that on Linux, /path is NOT a relative path but an absolute path.

Absolute Path:

/Cast Away (2000) - CRiSC
Will NOT be resolved against --output.

Relative Path:

Cast Away (2000) - CRiSC
Will be resolved against --output.
mikemelo17

Post by mikemelo17 »

Haha whoops, forgot to put ./ not just /

alright that is fixed. So I tried again and I'm getting no console errors and it's renaming. It's just not renaming with the {vf} binding.

As for mediainfo, I'm getting the error in console, unable to open media file when I place a file in filter
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's either a corrupt media file (likely) or a permission issue (likely) or a bug in mediainfo for that particular file (possible). Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about any of those issues.

In the OP you already confirmed that it's working for at least one file, so now the only thing you can do is try to figure out what's so special about that one that works and what's different about the ones that don't.

Please try to run the MediaInfo tool on those files that don't work and see if you get any results:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
mikemelo17

Post by mikemelo17 »

Thanks for all the help :) I'll try and run with this and still plug away to see if I can get it to work.
mikemelo17

Post by mikemelo17 »

Got it working. Apparently changing the folder to not have the * in it for easy sort find purposes did the trick. Super weird. All good now. Thanks for all your help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So on Linux file paths can contain *** but if the path contains *** then mediainfo won't be able to open the file?

e.g.

/path/to/Avatar (2009) XY.mkv => GOOD 
/path/to/Avatar (2009) X**Y.mkv => BAD
Good to know. No idea why that might be an issue. Make sure that your system locale is set up correctly (i.e. to something like en_US.UTF-8). Locale is usually an issue with embedded Linux boxes that don't use UTF-8 by default.
mikemelo17

Re: {vf} binding not working (if path contains *****)

Post by mikemelo17 »

No sorry,

/path/to/Avatar (2009) xy.mkv => Good
/path/to/(*)/Avatar (2009) xy.mkv => Bad
rednoah
The Source

Re: {vf} binding not working (if path contains *****)

Post by rednoah »

Please try to run FileBot from console and run the locale exports beforehand:

export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
filebot
EDIT:

:idea: Nevermind. I've confirmed that paths with * in the name don't even work on Ubuntu for some reason. It works on Mac though. Windows doesn't allow * anyway so it's not an issue there.

EDIT 2:

Updating to libmediainfo v0.7.88 seems to have fixed the issue. I'll include the latest native lib in the next release.