Ubuntu utorrent is doing strange stuff (AMC script)

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
famulor

Ubuntu utorrent is doing strange stuff (AMC script)

Post by famulor »

So i have a seedbox where the company installed filebot for me. Ive been trying for way too many hours now to make it work so now im asking for help.

If i run the AMC script manually it works just fine but as soon as i push it through utorrent then nothing happens (execpt it makes alot of utt files but i dont think thats on filebot).

My script:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/home/user/Completed" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict  --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
Ive tried "/usr/share/filebot.jar" instead of filebot, "/usr/share/filebot", "/usr/bin/filebot" and nothing works. I'm 95% sure the error is on my part but i just cant figure out where
rednoah
The Source

Re: Ubuntu utorrent is doing strange stuff (AMC script)

Post by rednoah »

famulor wrote:the company installed filebot for me
You're paying them, so I recommend asking them for support. They certainly don't pay me to help out their customers. :lol:

What does the log say?

Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
famulor

Post by famulor »

rednoah wrote:1.
famulor wrote:the company installed filebot for me
You're paying them, so I recommend asking them for support. They certainly don't pay me to help out their customers. :lol:

What does the log say?

Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output.
1. They said i had to configure it myself because they dont know how filebot operates. Worst case i just go back to using filebot on my PC with a VPN etc instead of a seedbox.

2. Where exactly do i find the log? Remember i'm a windows pleb so i dont know my way around linux/ubuntu

FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.93
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters: /home/user/.filebot/????
WARNING: sun.jnu.encoding = ANSI_X3.4-1968
GVFS: PlatformGVFS [/run/user/1000/gvfs]
Script Bundle: 2017-04-03 (r494)
Groovy: 2.4.10
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_121
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 2 Core / 455 MB Max Memory / 17 MB Used Memory
Package: DEB
Data: /home/user/.filebot
uname: Linux rapidseedbox 2.6.32-042stab120.20 #1 SMP Fri Mar 10 16:52:50 MSK 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Done ?(?????)?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What are you paying them for then? :lol: It's their job to figure it out, or pay me to help them figure it out. :lol:

I'm referring to the console output. It's wherever you redirect output to. If it works on the command-line, but not when called by 3rd party programs, then it's usually an environment issue, with filebot or java not being in the $PATH:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3067

locale is not configured correctly on your machine:

See FAQ for details.

I have never heard of anyone using µTorrent on a headless linux machine before. Are you sure that you're using µTorrent? Are you sure that that version of µTorrent works the same way as the Windows version when it comes to running programs on completed files?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
famulor

Post by famulor »

rednoah wrote:1.
What are you paying them for then? :lol: It's their job to figure it out, or pay me to help them figure it out. :lol:

I'm referring to the console output. It's wherever you redirect output to. If it works on the command-line, but not when called by 3rd party programs, then it's usually an environment issue, with filebot or java not being in the $PATH:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3067

locale is not configured correctly on your machine:

See FAQ for details.

I have never heard of anyone using µTorrent on a headless linux machine before. Are you sure that you're using µTorrent? Are you sure that that version of µTorrent works the same way as the Windows version when it comes to running programs on completed files?
1. Well i'll gladly pay again if you figure it out :D

2. I'll update when i got the output

3. Looking at FAQ after this :)

4. Yeah its utorrent. Pretty sure its the one of the only seedbox hosts that actually offer it :D to be honest i dont really care what software i use i just dont know how to make the shell scripts for the other ones (i use qbittorrent locally and it works _perfect_ with filebot)