Subtitles end up in a different folder when using amc

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
rednoah
The Source

Re: Subtitles end up in a different folder when using amc

Post by rednoah »

The solution you propose sounds really stupid to me. I'd just switch between Series / Movie mode depending on the files (e.g. Alias 1x01 => series because 1x01 pattern). Or have jDownloader set comments automatically depending on the download source. There should be a way to put files into different folders depending on where the download is coming from.

FadeAway12 wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 18:14 Why does FileBot process those subtitles as a separate group?
I don't know. I'm not a computer. :lol:
FadeAway12 wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 18:14 include subs that are in a dedicated subtitles folder as FileBot did not include them at the beginning
Yep, looks like dedicated subtitle folders are still not fully supported.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FadeAway12
Donor

Post by FadeAway12 »

Short update.. When setting it to "MOVIE" it processed the subtitles in the sub folder perfectly fine.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you were using a torrent client, I'd have the torrent client setup with RSS feeds for Movies, TV Shows, etc and label new downloads automatically.

I'd be very surprised if jDownloader can't to something very similar. It's really not that hard. There's a million ways to do things. You just need to be smart and find a good solution for how you do things.
FadeAway12
Donor

Post by FadeAway12 »

Sadly torrenting is not possible where i live (high penalties...). Actually jDownloader is not that advanced as many torrent clients. I still have to surf to a specific website, fetch the share-online or uploaded link and load it into jdownloader. The application itself is pretty dumb as it just downloads .rar files not knowing where they come from (beside from knowing its from uploaded.to or share-online).
FadeAway12
Donor

Post by FadeAway12 »

In case you are curious: The Output of the Log when i force MOVIE mode:

Code: Select all

Input: /Volumes/Plex/Media/Unsorted/cinevision-john wick 2 1080p/John.Wick.Kapitel.2.2017.German.DL.DTS.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEViSiON/Subs/cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p-eng-forced.idx
Input: /Volumes/Plex/Media/Unsorted/cinevision-john wick 2 1080p/John.Wick.Kapitel.2.2017.German.DL.DTS.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEViSiON/Subs/cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p-eng-forced.sub
Input: /Volumes/Plex/Media/Unsorted/cinevision-john wick 2 1080p/John.Wick.Kapitel.2.2017.German.DL.DTS.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEViSiON/Subs/cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p-forced.idx
Input: /Volumes/Plex/Media/Unsorted/cinevision-john wick 2 1080p/John.Wick.Kapitel.2.2017.German.DL.DTS.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEViSiON/Subs/cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p-forced.sub
Input: /Volumes/Plex/Media/Unsorted/cinevision-john wick 2 1080p/John.Wick.Kapitel.2.2017.German.DL.DTS.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEViSiON/Subs/cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p.idx
Input: /Volumes/Plex/Media/Unsorted/cinevision-john wick 2 1080p/John.Wick.Kapitel.2.2017.German.DL.DTS.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEViSiON/Subs/cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p.sub
Input: /Volumes/Plex/Media/Unsorted/cinevision-john wick 2 1080p/John.Wick.Kapitel.2.2017.German.DL.DTS.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEViSiON/cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p.mkv
Group: [mov:john wick chapter two 2017] => [cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p-eng-forced.idx, cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p-eng-forced.sub, cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p-forced.idx, cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p-forced.sub, cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p.idx, cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p.sub, cinevision-john.wick.2.1080p.mkv]
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
It groups everything into one group.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Can you tell, based on the download name or link, if it's a movie or a tv series?

Presumably, any episode will contain a pattern such as S01E01 or 1x01 and that's extremely easy to check for.

You can also add the movie comment whenever you add a movie. The web interface will probably suggest that the second time around. If you're adding links to jDownloader yourself anyway, why not spend an extra 1 second to select the comment text field and select "movie" from the form auto-completion?

I don't use jDownloader, but it seems pretty straight-forward to me.
FadeAway12
Donor

Post by FadeAway12 »

There is now way in telling what is what from the name of the link.. at least not in 50% of all cases as the uploaders here have to hide their uploads under strange names.

But what do you exactly mean with

"You can also add the movie comment whenever you add a movie. The web interface will probably suggest that the second time around. If you're adding links to jDownloader yourself anyway, why not spend an extra 1 second to select the comment text field and select "movie" from the form auto-completion?"

What do you exactly mean with "comment text field" where i can select "movie"?
FadeAway12
Donor

Post by FadeAway12 »

Oh i guess you mean the "Comments" field in the "Link gathering" section. This is not available via my.jdownloader.com (their web portal i use to add links while on the go)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This is what I see. Seems pretty obvious to me. You will need to include screenshot in the future, because I can't magically see what you see.

You can figure out the rest yourself. I'm off.
FadeAway12
Donor

Post by FadeAway12 »

This is what i see on my.jdownloader.com (their remote application):

There is no comment section available
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can:
* Set the name
* Set the download path
* Set the priority

You could set the label based on any of these properties.

rednoah wrote:You can (and should) force Movie/Series/Anime mode or force ignore files via labels, e.g. label as Movie to force TheMovieDB, Series to force TheTVDB, Anime to force AniDB, or other to ignore all files. Alternatively, folder names such as Movies/TV Shows/Anime may also be used to force a specific mode.
So what's preventing you from setting download path to /path/to/Downloads/Movies for movies and /path/to/Downloads/TV Shows for TV shows? Looks like that's supported out of the box, by both JD and FileBot.
FadeAway12
Donor

Post by FadeAway12 »

That sounds like a solution :o

Now bear with me but here is my final question: Where do i have to change the label and into what exactly?

I got your jDownloader Script in Event-Scripter -> Thats where i just changed "N/A" to "Movies". Will i have to change it there?

Or in my jdownloader-postprocess.sh?

And how would the --def ut_label command exactly need to look like?

I just found this page from you while researching but could only figure out that i can change it to MOVIE, SERIES, ANIME and OTHER (which i did a couple of minutes ago).

Thx for all your effort.. its not easy, i know :|
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Change absolutely nothing. Revert all changes you made. Everything will work out of the box.

Make sure to download movies into a folder called "Movies". Same TV Shows. If folders are well-named, then you won't need --def ut_label at all.

FadeAway12 wrote: 09 Jun 2017, 19:57 Thx for all your effort.. its not easy, i know :|
Just remember to include as much information and screenshots as possible upfront whenever asking for help online. If you had posted that screenshot hours ago, we would have arrived at a solution right then and there.
FadeAway12
Donor

Post by FadeAway12 »

Thank you so much! Everything works now :) And of course i will take screenshots next time :)