[CentOS] How to update?

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
superm4n
Donor

[CentOS] How to update?

Post by superm4n »

hi ive been using filebot for a while now on my centos server, i installed it a long time ago using one of your handy walkthroughs. however recently it has stopped working and im getting errors to do with..
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://app.filebot.net/data/query-blacklist.txt,
on searching through the forums i have found that i need to update my version of filebot. which is fine but is there away to update it using commandline and keeping all my existing scripts still functional, as it was a real ball ache getting this all to work the first time round (i wrote a script for cron job that starts filebot every hour to scan my incoming media folders)

i have had a look for some yum update tutorial but couldnt find anything

thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: how to update?

Post by rednoah »

The latest version is available in the Ubuntu Store or via snap.

That's for Ubuntu. I'm not too familiar with CentOS though, so you might need to figure this out yourself, and then share it here, plz. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
superm4n
Donor

Re: [CentOS] How to update?

Post by superm4n »

ok thanks for the help.. one question is there a download link for the tar file i would happily pay the money for the program but i dont want to just buy it on the ubuntu store as im not sure if that will give me a tar file to work with if that makes sense..my older version has worked perfect for the last year or so and im pretty sure i compiled the install from a tar.gz and im only using the CLI as this is installed on my remote server. i dont really wanna change my os to ubuntu as i have alsorts of other applications on there which i would have to reinstall and then theres the 2tb of media that would have to be formatted.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This installer script should work for Linux and BSD so it should mostly work for CentOS as well:
https://github.com/filebot/plugins/blob ... ortable.sh

This package is "free to try" in the sense that I can't force you to pay for technical reasons, but if you use it, and if it works well for you, then you're expected to make a donation of appropriate value. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
superm4n
Donor

Post by superm4n »

runnning the portable.sh script from root worked a treat thank you so much.
plus i donated 20 Euros thanks again.