AniDB window freeze

Support for Ubuntu and other Linux distros
iball

AniDB window freeze

Post by iball » 09 Aug 2017, 17:17

Hi,

I am renaming some of my anime and while the majority of shows work fine, but I have so far come across 5 or so shows that give me the problem below.

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.93
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
GVFS: PlatformGVFS [/run/user/1000/gvfs]
Script Bundle: 2017-05-15 (r500)
Groovy: 2.4.10
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_131
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 26 MB Used Memory
I will add the folder of episodes to the GUI like normal, press Fetch Data and choose AniDB, then after a few seconds a window will ask me to confirm the correct series. After I click the series name, another window will pop up simply saying AniDB and then Filebot just freezes/crashes. I cannot click the "x" button to close the app as well.

Let me know if any other information is needed.

rednoah
The Source

Re: AniDB window freeze

Post by rednoah » 09 Aug 2017, 17:32

Are there any logs that might indicate some problem? Please check the console output.
My (very excellent) support depends on Windows Store and Mac App Store sales and PayPal donations. Paying users, donors and everyone who contributes to FileBot in one way or another will get the very best support.

Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help. Donate if you'd like some extra developer love. :ugeek:

iball

Post by iball » 09 Aug 2017, 17:54

I can easily recreate this issue, how can I get the logs? Do you literally mean what does the console when it happens? Because it doesn't say anything (except for how many files were rewritten before I got to this show). Are there any other commands I should add on to get more info?

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 09 Aug 2017, 17:56

Just run Terminal and call filebot and see if the console output says anything when the GUI freezes.

Also, the screenshot doesn't look like Ubuntu. Have you tried the latest stock Ubuntu and see if it works with that one?
My (very excellent) support depends on Windows Store and Mac App Store sales and PayPal donations. Paying users, donors and everyone who contributes to FileBot in one way or another will get the very best support.

Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help. Donate if you'd like some extra developer love. :ugeek:

iball

Post by iball » 09 Aug 2017, 18:23

Nothing from the terminal

I am using the latest official Ubuntu XFCE

One problem is could be is that I am doing this on a remote server using tigervnc. I do want to reiterate that it is working fine for most of the series though. Also, only filebot freezes, the session itself run normally. Wondering if maybe there is a graphical thing I need to turn off or something.

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 10 Aug 2017, 04:38

It's probably a graphical thing, either GTK theme or graphics acceleration, but not sure how to get around those on Linux. I can't reproduce any issues on standard Ubuntu running locally.