Hanging on rename

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
aft3rgl0w

Hanging on rename

Post by aft3rgl0w »

Having an issue with renaming files (to a network share).

I am using filebot 4.7.9 (the snap version) on ubuntu mate 16.04.03, in a VM on a QNAP NAS. I have a path to the shared folder on the NAS through /media, and it is writable.

When renaming a single file:
filebot shows the Renaming dialog box, it says it's renaming, says it might take a while, and then kind of hangs (doesn't freeze), and never shows any progress, and it doesn't finish. The file IS copied to the new location in whole, but the original file doesn't get deleted. I can cancel the dialog box.

When renaming multiple files:
filebot shows a watch pointer ("busy"), and it copies the first file to the new location properly, but the dialog does not show and none of the other files is copied, nor is the original deleted.

In both cases it doesn't seem to be seeing when the first file copy is done so it can proceed. Any idea what might be going on?
aft3rgl0w

Re: Hanging on rename

Post by aft3rgl0w »

**correction: when renaming multiple files, I did get the "renaming" dialog box, it just popped under the main window. I was able to cancel it as well. It was stuck on renaming the first file.
aft3rgl0w

Post by aft3rgl0w »

Anything?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, no idea. The issue is most likely in the underlying filesystem abstract layer. Remote filesystems can be finicky at times. You might get more help in Linux or QNAP Forums.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
joshkes

Post by joshkes »

I am having the same issue. When I rename files with Filebot and the new file's path requires the file to be moved to a different drive, I get a dialog box saying "this may take a while". I can close the dialog box with no problem, and the file is renamed and moved with no problem, however, the dialog will not close on it's own after the file has been moved.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So you're saying it hangs when using the GUI? Have you tried to do the CLI to do the same thing just to see if it hangs just the same in that case?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.