java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using '<IP>:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
virtualfrancky

java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using '<IP>:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

Post by virtualfrancky »

OK so I have install filebot 4.8.2 from the debian repository, java is installed and Java_Home define.

Code: Select all

(1:92)# filebot -version
FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789) / Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10.0.2 / Linux 4.15.0-33-generic (amd64)

(1:95)# echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java
My license key is uploaded in my home directory
I type

filebot --license Filebot_License_4301459.psm
I got an error after a while :

((1:118)# filebot --license FileBot_License_P4301459.psm
Error during startup
java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using '86.213.163.107:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
        at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:142)
FYI I am under Ubuntu 16.04 minimal
rednoah
The Source

Re: Problem when activating the license

Post by rednoah »

If you run filebot --license on a headful machine then it'll launch the GUI and show you a confirmation dialog. However, there is some X configuration issue on your machine that makes the GUI not work.

This is a generic issue not specific to FileBot. You should be able to find help via Google by Googling the error message:

Can't connect to X11 window server using ... as the value of the DISPLAY variable

If you run this command, then it'll force headless mode, and you'll be able to install the license, but this will not fix your X11 issues:

filebot -check --license Filebot_License_4301459.psm
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
virtualfrancky

Re: java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using '<IP>:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

Post by virtualfrancky »

OK thank you, I am on a server with no GUI install.
rednoah
The Source

Re: java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using '<IP>:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

Post by rednoah »

You can force headless behavior by settings this environment variable:

export JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true"
Alternatively, installing only headless Java, instead of the complete runtime with GUI support, will do the trick as well.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.