Need help transferring to new Mac

Support for macOS users
wileyoompa

Need help transferring to new Mac

Post by wileyoompa »

Hello,

I recently setup a new Mac. I have looked at my old presets and tried to figure out how they worked. A friend of mine setup the presets a long time ago and I have been just using them. I have one for renaming movies and one for renaming tv shows.

I have tried to re-setup the presets looking at what is in my old installation on my other computer but nothing is working right. Is there a way to copy the files from my old machine and just put them back into the same folders in my new machine so the presets work on my new machine? If not, maybe someone can provide me with a little help in getting my 2 presets configured.

I have read through a lot of the FAQ, searched for the answers and most of what I am finding is way more complicated than what I want. I just need Filebot to rename the files from something like
MOVIES: "The.xxxxxxxx.2019.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HEVC.H265-CMRG.mkv", to "The xxxxxxxx (2019).mkv"
TV: "the.orville.s02e10.720p.web.x264-tbs.mkv", to "The Orville S02E10 - Blood of Patriots.mkv"

I am using a Plex server, I usually put my new files into a temp folder, rename them and then move them to where they need to go. From what I see, there may be an easier way to do that. It would be great if it would just rename / move the files to where they go but if that is super complicated I am happy moving them manually. I just need to get my Filebot working again.

Thank you for the help and apologies if I seem a bit daft at the moment.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Need help transferring to new Mac

Post by rednoah »

You can import / export FileBot settings (including Presets) via these commands:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4205

Just run the export command on your Windows machine, and then import on your Mac.

I'm not sure why you're using Presets, as your use case seems very basic. Just set your formats to X:/Media/{plex} and then just process files as usual, no need to use Presets really, as far as I can tell.
https://www.filebot.net/getting-started/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
wileyoompa

Post by wileyoompa »

Thank you rednoah. I am moving from a Mac to a Mac so I was hoping that I could just move the settings from one machine to another like I did with so many of my other programs. It does not seem so easy with Filebot.

Im not sure what using the {plex} format will do but I have thousands of files named like I stated above. Will the rename process you indicated know whether I am renaming a movie or tv series?

Thank you again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you're moving from Mac to Mac then you can just copy the ~/.filebot (unix style application data) folder and the ~/Library/Preferences/net.filebot.ui.plist (mac style application settings) file. AFAIK, that's how it works for most applications.

Yes, {plex} will give you the Plex file path, whatever the object (movie, episode, or otherwise) may be. Kinda like {n} will give you the series name for episodes and the movie name for movies. Bindings very much depending on what kind of object is being formatted at the time.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.