Filebot 4.8.5 Not working MacOS

Support for macOS users
nickleigh78

Filebot 4.8.5 Not working MacOS

Post by nickleigh78 »

Hello,

I recently moved my home directory from an external USB to an external RAID and now FileBot 4.8.5 does not respond to any left mouse clicks and occasionally to right mouse clicks. FileBot has been working perfectly since I purchased the license in May 2019.

MacOS is 10.14.6 running on a mac mini server late 2012. I have updated Java recently too, now using jre-8u221-macosx-x64.

I can drag and drop files into the Original Files pane but cannot select Episodes, Subtitles, etc on the left hand window or click on any buttons anywhere in the program. The mouse works correctly for all other applications.

I have removed and re-installed the application, removing the .filebot folder in the home directory which has made no difference to the application. It will still not respond to any left mouse clicks but occasionally will display the right click menu, however nothing can be selected.

The Application has not asked for a license key since re-installation and the .filebot directory error.log is completely empty (0 byte file size).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the GUI operational again?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot 4.8.5 Not working MacOS

Post by rednoah »

No idea. Never heard of anything like that.

:?: Have you tried restarting your computer?

:idea: Are there any warnings in the console output? You can use the Terminal to run the executable directly, so you can see console output.

:idea: This problem wouldn't be specific to FileBot, and rather be a strange issue with the underlying platform. So a Google search might yield results, since other people might run into the same issue with other applications.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nickleigh78

Re: Filebot 4.8.5 Not working MacOS

Post by nickleigh78 »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I have restarted the machine several times after each software modification with no change to the FileBot GUI.There are no other issues with any other applications at all from native mac applications to Steam games, all work with the mouse fine.

There are no error messages in the console when running from the console and no error messages in the log files.

Yesterday I uninstalled Java completely, restarted the machine, removed FileBot, restarted the machine, reinstalled FileBot and was asked for the license information and now have a fully working GUI...

Very strange but now working!