Filebot not communicating with server?

Support for macOS users
gibby9903

Filebot not communicating with server?

Post by gibby9903 »

Hello, I am new to this forum and joined because Filebot is not working on this computer. I have a MacBook running Sierra 10.12.6 and never had an issue then when I upgraded to 4.9.2 it stopped working. Completely deleted the program, and uploaded 4.9.1 once and then 4.9.2 and neither worked.

For reference I have another Macbook running Catalina 10.15.6 and 4.9.2 still works there no problem.

When I check the logs for issues in Filebot this is the info I get:

Code: Select all

Nov 07, 2020 4:47:09 PM net.filebot.CachedResource retry
WARNING: Fetch failed: Try again in 2 seconds (2 more) => SSL handshake failed: Unable to establish a secure connection to api.filebot.net at this time. Please check your network configuration.
Nov 07, 2020 4:47:11 PM net.filebot.CachedResource retry
WARNING: Fetch failed: Try again in 8 seconds (1 more) => SSL handshake failed: Unable to establish a secure connection to api.filebot.net at this time. Please check your network configuration.
Nov 07, 2020 4:47:19 PM net.filebot.CachedResource lambda$get$2
SEVERE: Failed to fetch resource: https://api.filebot.net/8046/data/osdb.txt.xz
SSL handshake failed: Unable to establish a secure connection to api.filebot.net at this time. Please check your network configuration.
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.checkErrorCode(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$fetchIfModified$10(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$1(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$2(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.Cache.computeIf(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.get(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.media.ReleaseInfo.lambda$resource$29(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.MemoizedResource.get(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.media.ReleaseInfo.getOpenSubtitlesIndex(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.subtitle.SubtitlePanel.getHistory(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.subtitle.SubtitlePanel.getHistory(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.AbstractSearchPanel.lambda$new$0(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$SwingLambda.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.notModified(Unknown Source)
	... 17 more
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	... 18 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	... 18 more

Nov 07, 2020 4:47:19 PM net.filebot.media.ReleaseInfo lambda$resource$29
SEVERE: Failed to load data file: Network Error: SSL handshake failed: Unable to establish a secure connection to api.filebot.net at this time. Please check your network configuration.
Any ideas? I am at a loss of what to do.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot not communicating with server?

Post by rednoah »

Sounds like a general client-side network issue. Could be anything. Hard to debug. Might just go away by itself if you change something. Use CloudFlare DNS, don't use VPN, etc.

Code: Select all

Network Error: SSL handshake failed: Unable to establish a secure connection to api.filebot.net at this time. Please check your network configuration.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
gibby9903

Post by gibby9903 »

Does anybody have an answer to this issue? It's pretty disappointing that no one can help me. I went to the discord channel and asked for help and the person helping me didn't help. I reverted back to 4.9.1 and it didn't change anything either. Pretty frustrating to use this program for years only to have it stop working overnight.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What kind of network settings have you tried so far that didn't make a difference?
gibby9903

Post by gibby9903 »

That’s the thing I haven’t changed anything that I’m aware of it literally stopped working over night. The only thing I can truly remember is I upgraded to 4.9.2 and that’s when it stopped working.

I’ve gone back and downloaded 4.9.1 and it does the same thing. I don’t use a VPN (probably should) and I have tried it in different networks at work and at home and it still doesn’t work.

I can get into technicals with someone but you’ll have to bare with me. I’m not stupid about code but it’s still way above my head.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried configuring CloudFlare DNS yet instead of the default DNS provided by your ISP?
https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1 ... .1/windows
gibby9903

Post by gibby9903 »

Did exactly what that said for the MAC protocols and nothing changed. Getting the same error message.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Can you try accessing the internet in a different way? (e.g. a friends house wifi, cafe wifi, internet sharing via mobile phone, etc)

:idea: At this point, we probably won't be able to figure out why it's not working for you, but we do know that it's working for everyone else. So it must be something specific to your machine, your router, your ISP, etc.
gibby9903

Post by gibby9903 »

Well it's something to do with my machine. My other MacBook works but this one doesn't. Wonder if there is something I have deleted or removed that isn't allowing it to communicate? It's pretty frustrating that's all I know. Wish there was some tutorials to try and fix issues like this.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sorry. I'm out of ideas. I can only tell you that's it's most likely something unrelated to FileBot specifically. Though why it seems to only affect FileBot that I also cannot say.