Folder automation stopped after installing 4.9.4

Support for macOS users
CriticalO

Folder automation stopped after installing 4.9.4

Post by CriticalO »

Mac OS 10.13.6, High Sierra. Any ideas, I updated the filebot to 4.9.4 on my Mac and ever since symlinks are no longer created for my downloads and my movies are not being renamed.

I can run the script using Automator manually and the folder has the correct script attached and it used to word before update.

Thanks in advance.

https://ibb.co/KNc1sfD
https://ibb.co/5FXgY54
rednoah
The Source

Re: Folder automation stopped after installing 4.9.4

Post by rednoah »

:?: Did you confirm that Automator does indeed call filebot?

:?: What does the log say?

:idea: You're using --log-file amc.log so you will find the log in $HOME/.filebot/logs/amc.log but you can use an absolute path instead if you want to put the log file somewhere more easy to find for you.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
CriticalO

Re: Folder automation stopped after installing 4.9.4

Post by CriticalO »

Hey @rednoah

It’s working now many thanks, i moved the log as suggested and it didn’t create one. So I recreated the folder action and it’s working now.

Thinking back it wasn’t the update that broke it, I turned off my Mac by the plug a few days ago as I was excited to install a new sound bar and couldn’t be bothered to shut everything down so I had to rescan the external hdd as well as reset everything, you know what macs are like. That’s what caused the corruption of the script attached to the folder.

Anyway I’ve already got an account here, so not sure if you wanna delete this one, I noticed today when I went to check my post, seems sill having two. Or you can merge them if you like.

I’ll dm you my other username if you need it.

So all good and just in time to renew my license, I think I’ve only got a couple a days left.

Thanks again

Shane