macOS Monterey App Sandboxing

Support for macOS users
kikker123

macOS Monterey App Sandboxing

Post by kikker123 »

Greetings,

My macOS Monterey system seems not to remember my App Sandboxing settings for FileBot. Have the version of FileBot form the Mac app store. Folder Permissions Required pops up. Do give it the right permission to unlock the folder and it works. But after restarting the app FileBot asks for the same unlocking permission again.

Note this problem started after the Version 4.9.6 (9125) update. Before that things worked just fine. Did already do a uninstall and reinstall.

Any way to fix this?

https://pastebin.com/T3c3hmiK

rednoah
The Source

Re: macOS Monterey App Sandboxing

Post by rednoah »

Can you reproduce the issue with folders other than your Desktop folder? Is the Desktop folder in your $HOME or in the $HOME of another user?

EDIT:

FileBot log files sheds light on the issue... seems to be fundamentally broken due to dependency issues... unfortunately Apple App Store allow you to install specific versions, so you can't downgrade, so there's not much you can do on short notice, and dedicated update is require to fix this:

Code: Select all

Mar 13, 2022 10:48:19 PM net.filebot.platform.mac.DropToUnlock unlockBySecurityScopedBookmarks
SEVERE: NSURL.URLByResolvingBookmarkData.startAccessingSecurityScopedResource: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ca.weblite.objc.RuntimeMappings$Runtime

EDIT 2:

I've sent you a 1 year license for the non-App Store edition of FileBot that you can use in the meanwhile.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kikker123

Post by kikker123 »

Thanks :) Works great with the one year licence you did send me. I am sure that will bridge me till a updated Mac app store version is there.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Fixed with FileBot 4.9.7 (r9130). Submitted to Apple Review already, so should appear in the updates within a week or so.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.