Error code -43 (items can't be found) on MacOS Ventura after renaming files

Support for macOS users
fbonmac

Error code -43 (items can't be found) on MacOS Ventura after renaming files

Post by fbonmac »

I am running version 4.9.6 of FileBot on my MacBook and it was working fine until I upgraded to MacOS Ventura (13.0.1).

My workflow usually has me rename the files with FileBot on my MacBook before copying them onto my media server. Since the upgrade to Ventura, after renaming the files, when I try to copy the file to my server I get an error code -43 "The operation can't be completed because one or more required items can't be found."

After several tries / some wait time it will work again. One faster solution I found is to close the Finder window with the updated file and reopen it. After that the file can be copied successfully.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Error code -43 (items can't be found) on MacOS Ventura after renaming files

Post by rednoah »

:?: So you're saying Finder is giving you an error message after files have been been processed? And not FileBot itself? Are you using Rename or Copy in FileBot?

:?: Do you get this error only when copying files to your remote server? Have you tried copying files locally?

:?: Can you include screenshots so that we can see what you can see?
rednoah wrote: 31 Jul 2014, 16:40
  • Include Screenshots (absolutely required for new topics)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
fbonmac

Post by fbonmac »

I narrowed it down further: I am actually renaming the files after I searched by kind "MPEG-4 Movie". The error only happens when I try to move the file from this search window. If I rename the file in finder (without search filter) the copy works fine, both local and on a server. Actually, just redoing the search fixes the issue. But as mentioned, before MacOS update this had worked fine.
Here also the image:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sounds like a macOS Finder bug. Presumably, Finder doesn't correctly handle search result items when the underlying file path has changed since.

:arrow: Please report the problem to Apple. Although Apple generally doesn't care, but we can hope:
https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

:idea: If you only want to process *.mp4 files only, then you can also select those via FileBot, e.g. via Presets and custom file filter:
viewtopic.php?t=4222

:idea: You can also use FileBot to move/rename files to their final destination at once. You don't need to rename and then move. You could have FileBot move your files onto your remote file system, thus bypassing any Finder bugs.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.