Input/Output error when renaming

Support for macOS users
PupikMuncher

Input/Output error when renaming

Post by PupikMuncher »

’ve just purchased FileBot in order to rename files on my Seedbox. I’m using a mac, and I’ve mounted my SFTP drive using FTP-Mounter, which mounts it on ~/Library/Containers/net.langui.FTPMounter/Data/.FTPVolumes
Upon trying to rename the files, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

MOVE: /Users/lem/Library/Containers/net.langui.FTPMounter/Data/.FTPVolumes/seedit4me/home/seedit4me/media/tv/The Comic Strip Presents/(1) Five Go Mad in Dorset.mkv -> /Users/lem/Library/Containers/net.langui.FTPMounter/Data/.FTPVolumes/seedit4me/home/seedit4me/media/tv/The Comic Strip Presents/The Comic Strip Presents - 1x01 - Five Go Mad in Dorset.mkv: Input/output error

No idea what to do. I assume it’s got something to do with the fact I’m FTPing into the drive, but I’d have imagined this should work, as I can manually edit and rename the files.

Here are the sysinfo:

FileBot 4.9.6 (r9125)
JNA Native: 6.1.2
MediaInfo: 21.09
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.1 7zz/21.06
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2022-08-15 (r836)
Groovy: 3.0.9
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 17.0.2
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 10 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 388 MB Used Memory
HW: Darwin Gills-MBP 22.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 22.1.0: Sun Oct  9 20:15:09 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8792.41.9~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 arm64
STORAGE: apfs [/] @ 502 GB | nfs [/Users/lem/Library/Containers/net.langui.FTPMounter/Data/.FTPVolumes/seedit4me] @ 2.0 TB
DATA: /Users/lem/.filebot
Package: PKG
License: FileBot License P45120169 (Valid-Until: 2023-12-30)
And running the logs script only returns:

Dec 23, 2022 4:28:44 PM net.filebot.DiskStore acquireDiskStore
WARNING: Initialize new disk cache: /Users/lem/.filebot/cache/0
Screenshot:
I would appreciate any assistance,
Thank you
Lem
rednoah
The Source

Re: Input/Output error when renaming

Post by rednoah »

PupikMuncher wrote: 26 Dec 2022, 18:14 No idea what to do. I assume it’s got something to do with the fact I’m FTPing into the drive, but I’d have imagined this should work, as I can manually edit and rename the files.
Indeed, it should just work. FileBot (and any other application) just see file paths and happily work with both local and remote files because the OS and file system abstraction layer make them appear and behave exactly the same. FileBot itself doesn't know if it's working with local files or remote files.

:arrow: Please contact the FTP-Mounter developers. They'll need to investigate the issue and fix their remote file system driver. Alternatively, try Mountain Duck instead.

:?: Out if curiosity. Can you create folders and move files with the mkdir and mv commands on the command-line?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.