Utter noob - Plex profile folders hard-coded?

Support for macOS users
dpeace

Utter noob - Plex profile folders hard-coded?

Post by dpeace »

Hi.

I've finally decided to sort my Plex libraries, which exist on a spider's web of drives / computers, and am delighted to have come across FileBot. 1-year sub an easy decision!

I'm loving the {plex} profile, but I was disobedient when setting up my libraries - my TV programmes live under /TV and my films live under /Films. When I try and rationalise a test TV series, the renaming takes place as expected, but moves the files to /TV Shows. I can't immediately see a way to alter this behaviour, as I presume the /TV Shows is built into the {plex} profile, and suppose I will experience a similar issue when I start rationalising my /Films hierarchies.

Is there a way I can change this, as I'd prefer not to need to move fixed files back to /TV or regenerate the paths to my Plex libraries?

Many thanks - tool looks exactly what I need, and I'll certainly be upping to lifetime once I've got the hang of things.

Darren, UK
rednoah
The Source

Re: Utter noob - Plex profile folders hard-coded?

Post by rednoah »

e.g.

Code: Select all

{ plex.tail }
:arrow: Please refer to the {plex} format documentation for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dpeace

Post by dpeace »

Thanks so much for this. Works perfectly, and I'll read through *all* the documentation!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No worries. Feel free to ask questions. The documentation is vast so it can be difficult to find the specific bits you're looking for especially if you're new to things.
dpeace

Post by dpeace »

All working perfectly - really appreciate the help.

As promised, I've bought lifetime, but can't see a way to apply the new license to my already-activated 1 year license. How can I deregister / update the registration?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The FileBot Desktop application will indeed only prompt you for a license key if and when necessary.

:arrow: You can always double-click on your *.psm license file to install that specific license file:
https://www.filebot.net/tutorials.html