copying takes long

Support for macOS users
bart66

copying takes long

Post by bart66 »

I have the impression that copying media files to their destination is taking much longer compared when using finder? (is this known or just my personal impression?
26 files are being copied from the osx desktop to my synology nas (same local network) (more than 30 minutes now, and I have no indication which ones are already 100% copyed. The number of files stays on 26
rednoah
The Source

Re: copying takes long

Post by rednoah »

The operating system is handling local / remote filesystem abstraction, so there's nothing FileBot itself can do if a lower layer is slow or stalled due to Mac OS / Synology NAS bugs or network issues.

I'd assume that any file that isn't 100% copied is not copied at all, but that depends on Mac OS and Synology NAS as well.

I'd try using AFP if you're using SMB or vice versa.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
garyleecn
Donor

Re: copying takes long

Post by garyleecn »

bart66 wrote:I have the impression that copying media files to their destination is taking much longer compared when using finder? (is this known or just my personal impression?
26 files are being copied from the osx desktop to my synology nas (same local network) (more than 30 minutes now, and I have no indication which ones are already 100% copyed. The number of files stays on 26

copying to synology can sometimes be really slow, even just move from finder window to finder window.

since you have a synology, and is storing movies on synology, why dont you just download directly on synology, then you dont have to copy those data.