AccessDeniedException Mac SMB

Support for macOS users
gimmeth

AccessDeniedException Mac SMB

Post by gimmeth »

I am trying to rename some files (currently in the GUI, but it appears to affect some CLI operations as well) from one folder on an SMB share to another folder on the same SMB share, but I get an AccessDeniedException for the destination path whenever I try to rename or copy. When I navigate the file tree in terminal, all the folders in the path appear to have rwxrwxrwx permissions with my user / staff as the owner when I ls -l. Clearly there are permissions problems of some kind but I can't figure out what.
rednoah
The Source

Re: AccessDeniedException Mac SMB

Post by rednoah »

FileBot can't do anything about filesystem permissions. FileBot doesn't even know which files are local and which files are on a remote filesystem.

Unix permissions on your local filesystem view mean nothing, because SMB is a remote filesystem and the SMB protocol probably doesn't even support Unix-style permissions being a Windows protocol and all.

If you have trouble with SMB, use AFP instead, or vice versa. Create a new clean share and see if that works. Reboot your Mac and your NAS. Use Google for additional help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.