Filebot CLI under osx

Support for macOS users
matevisky

Filebot CLI under osx

Post by matevisky »

Hi team, qq:
I have been downloaded FB from app store, but i would like to use my cli script. how can i start filebot? from terminal?
should i restart the macbook or do something extra, filebot command is not working at all

thx thx
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot CLI under osx

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
matevisky

Post by matevisky »

Great, working like charm, I will not ask refund (even I did buy this on winstore as well lol)

Anyhow, any ide about this error:

Code: Select all

Ignore text language: /Users/cicmori/Media/TV Shows/Vikings/Season 04/Vikings - S04E19 - On the Eve.mkv
Failed to read xattr: JsonIoException: EOF reached before closing '}'
line: 1, col: 564
s","Vikingek","Викинги","הויקינגים","维京传奇","Vikingové","Vikinzi","바이킹스"],"certification":"TV-MA","startDate":{"year":2013,"month":3,"day":3},"genres":["Action","Drama"],"network":"History","rating":8.8,"ratingCount":422,"runtime":45,"status":"Continuing"}
Failed to read xattr: JsonIoException: EOF reached before closing '}'
line: 1, col: 564
OSX, most updated ofc
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This is very strange. It says that the JSON written by FileBot in the past, is no longer valid JSON now that it is read again. Did you modify the xattr?

I'd need the full logs to tell you more.

You can also use the xattr script to see the raw xattr values to check if everything is in order:
viewtopic.php?t=324#p27518
matevisky

Post by matevisky »

I have downloaded via AppStore, should I delete that one and keep only the brew version?
Where can I see the full log... I will check the xattr (it is on my another machine) I will come back to you...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The brew cask version doesn't include Desktop integration, though you can launch the GUI by calling filebot without arguments. You can have both installed. They are completely independent. The GUI will auto-update, but the brew cask will only be updated on command.

If you get xattr errors for this file:

/Users/cicmori/Media/TV Shows/Vikings/Season 04/Vikings - S04E19 - On the Eve.mkv
Then I'd try calling the xattr script on this file to see what it says:

filebot -script fn:xattr "/Users/cicmori/Media/TV Shows/Vikings/Season 04/Vikings - S04E19 - On the Eve.mkv"
It's very strange and shouldn't happen. But isn't it just a warning, so FileBot should just keep doing it's thing even if there's a few warnings here and there. I'd really appreciate the logs though. These strange warnings I've never seen before could indicate a more serious issue.
matevisky

Post by matevisky »

Oke, I have an idea what is wrong, I will upload the logs, if you let me know where it is...
and the answer for the million dollar question is:
I sold my windows machine which was the main media server, now we are using my wife macbook. I did copy lots of file from win 10 ntfs to here so I guess, that is the problem... I guess this is a rare usecase, that's why you have not seen it before...
But will send you the logs, if you let me now where it is.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That would make sense. If you copy files from an NTFS to an HFS+ file system then there's a good chance rarely used features such as NTFS Alternate Data Streams and Posix Extended Attributes may not be copied over correctly. Especially if you use 3rd party filesystem drivers.
matevisky

Post by matevisky »

yip, how can I fix it, than no logs needed:) Thx for the help anyway!
darkvinill

Post by darkvinill »

I'm having the same problem:

" Failed to read xattr: JsonIoException: EOF reached before closing '}' "

FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984) / Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 9.0.4 / Mac OS X 10.13.3 (x86_64)

Same happens when using GUI:

Edit: fixed using (terminal).

xattr -c /path/to/Thor Ragnarok (2017) [1080p] [YTS.AG].mp4
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Can you provide a test case to reproduce the problem?

If there's a 3rd party application that corrupts xattr values, then this warning would be expected.
underrepresented

Post by underrepresented »

Now that filebot is no longer pkgd with home brew how do we install the cli. I still have 4.7.9 in the home brew dir structure. BTW just bought the apple store app. I figured after 3yrs use of filebot I owe you at least that much. :)

Anyway I notice that filebot -script fn:sysenv outputs completely diff info from terminal than f5 from the app. Which makes sense since the current cli I have installed is 4.7.9,

I use the cli a lot more than I use the app; as its a script I run from transmission and lately its been giving me numerous erroneous naming returns such as Attack of the Southern Fried Zombies (2017).mp4 to The Attack (2012).mp4
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The Mac App Store version and the brew cask version of FileBot are completely independent. You can continue to use the older version of FileBot (as installed via brew cask) for your command-line tasks for now. A newer release will be published eventually via brew cask, but there's one particular brew cask pull request that needs to be merged first.