Forever Beachball on 'Folder Permission Required'

Support for Mac OS X users and the Mac App Store package
tguh

Forever Beachball on 'Folder Permission Required'

Post by tguh » 26 Jun 2017, 15:59

Hello Team Filebot,

I'm recently switching to fully use MacOS from Windows, and one the first app that I installed is Filebot.

Unfortunately, I doesn't seems to understand the warning box about granting permission to the folder, when the box pops out, it will becoming beachball forever, been trying to use several ways including dragging the folder from another finder windows and dragging the icon of the folder with the padlock from the warning box, still the same. I been looking from solution from this forum but unable to find it.

Any helps will be appreciated, MacOS Sierra 10.12.5, MBP Retina 2015, latest Filebot from MAS.

Thanks,

Teguh

rednoah
The Source

Re: Forever Beachball on 'Folder Permission Required'

Post by rednoah » 26 Jun 2017, 16:53

So you're saying FileBot freezes whenever you drag a folder over the "Grant Permission" dialog?

Alternatively, you can try to click on the "Locked Folder" icon, which should open up a File Dialog and if you select a folder with that then macOS will give FileBot permissions to the selected folder.

The easiest way would be to just load the entire folder in the first place, and not individual files, so that FileBot will have access to the entire folder right away, so it'll never have to ask for permissions later on when processing files.
My (very excellent) support depends on Windows Store and Mac App Store sales and PayPal donations. Paying users, donors and everyone who contributes to FileBot in one way or another will get the very best support.

Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help. Donate if you'd like some extra developer love. :ugeek:

tguh

Re: Forever Beachball on 'Folder Permission Required'

Post by tguh » 26 Jun 2017, 23:04

Eh, I worked perfectly when I try to do it with the whole folder. Yesterday I thought I'm gonna try it with one file first hehe

Thanks! Have a nice day.