Java Errors on Max OSX CLI

Support for macOS users
sebsez

Java Errors on Max OSX CLI

Post by sebsez »

Hi,

I'm sure this is a fundamental issue but I have searched the forum, made some changes as per similar posts and still in the same situation... so help would be appreciated.

I'm using CLI on Mac OS.
Have purchased Filebot though App Store.

The following is my cmdline call:
rename —-folder “/Volumes/Central Storage/Video Automation/Converted Videos” —-output “/Volumes/Central Storage/Video Automation/Renamed Videos” --db TheTVDB

The following is the cmdline output
com/apple/eawt/QuitStrategy
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/eawt/QuitStrategy
at net.filebot.platform.mac.MacAppUtilities.setQuitStrategyCloseAll(MacAppUtilities.java:141)
at net.filebot.platform.mac.MacAppUtilities.initializeApplication(MacAppUtilities.java:165)
at net.filebot.Main.startUserInterface(Main.java:215)
at net.filebot.Main.lambda$main$1(Main.java:126)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.eawt.QuitStrategy
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:185)
... 4 more

com/apple/eawt/AppEvent$OpenFilesEvent
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/eawt/AppEvent$OpenFilesEvent
at net.filebot.platform.mac.MacAppUtilities.setOpenFileHandler(MacAppUtilities.java:149)
at net.filebot.Main.startUserInterface(Main.java:218)
at net.filebot.Main.lambda$main$1(Main.java:126)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.eawt.AppEvent$OpenFilesEvent
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:185)
... 3 more

The following is output from filebot -script fn:sysinfo
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1 (file:/usr/local/Caskroom/filebot/4.7.9/FileBot.app/Contents/Java/FileBot_4.7.9.jar) to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.93
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2017-11-21 (r512)
Groovy: 2.4.10
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 9.0.1
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 24 MB Used Memory
Package: APP
uname: Darwin XX-iMac.local 17.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 17.3.0: Thu Nov 9 18:09:22 PST 2017; root:xnu-4570.31.3~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Now I previously found similar issues resulting from v9.X of Java Runtime... I have uninstalled 9.x and installed 8.x... (Java Control Panel tells me I'm using v8 Update 152) however as you can see from the sys info, it states I'm using 9.0.1... I have done a reboot after the uninstall of 9.x and installation of 8.x, and still the same result.

Is this my issue (that Filebot still sees me as using Java 9.x)?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Java Errors on Max OSX CLI

Post by rednoah »

FileBot doesn't currently support Java 9 on macOS. You'll need to uninstall Java 9 and install Java 8. If FileBot says it's running with Java 9, then Java 9 was not successfully uninstalled. You may have installed both, leading to confusion.

You can see which version of Java is going to be used by the FileBot CLI tools by running this command:

Code: Select all

/usr/libexec/java_home --version "1.8+"
You may be able to solve the problem by running this command:

Code: Select all

cd /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.1.jdk/Contents && mv Info.plist Info.plist.disabled
This will prevent your Java 9 installation from being detected by the java_home tool.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
sebsez

Post by sebsez »

Thanks Rednoah, found the issue. Even though I had run the command lines found on the Oracle website to remove Java on a Mac and it no longer appeared in my System Preferences, I found there was still a 9.x folder in my Java Virtual Machines.... deleted that, reinstalled v 8.x and all came good. Thanks again.
gardnerd4me

Post by gardnerd4me »

System preference was java runtime for safari etc. not JDK, that's why it never deleted the java virtual machines folder.