filebot sees all files as the same movie

Support for macOS users
yhm28

filebot sees all files as the same movie

Post by yhm28 »

I have 300 movies in a directory. I am having a problem where filebot asks me to clarify one with a colon in it, "11:14 (2003)" and then it goes on to rename 1/2 of the files in the directory as that movie. A duplicate files warning appears. I can exclude the problematic titles, reselect them and repeat the process manually with success. Other times, it will name the files as part 1 through 150 of the same movie. Any advice?
rednoah
The Source

Re: filebot sees all files as the same movie

Post by rednoah »

Please post the file path of one of these files that is incorrectly identified as "11:14 (2003)".

The most likely explanation is that the parent folder of your media is called "11" or "14" or something misleading like that instead of something neutral "Complete", "Staging", "New Movies", etc. Or possibly a rouge NFO file that instructs FileBot to use that movie for all files in that folder.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
yhm28

Post by yhm28 »

rednoah wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 07:22 Please post the file path of one of these files that is incorrectly identified as "11:14 (2003)".

The most likely explanation is that the parent folder of your media is called "11" or "14" or something misleading like that instead of something neutral "Complete", "Staging", "New Movies", etc. Or possibly a rouge NFO file that instructs FileBot to use that movie for all files in that folder.
These files are being migrated from a very bad naming scheme. At one point I was keeping multiple resolutions of the same movie in the same folder. I have separated out the version I want to keep so its just 1 file per folder now.

Example
/Movies/Movie Name/720p.mkv
/Movies/Movie Name2/720p.mkv
/Movies/Movie Name3/720p.mkv

The problem is that all the files have the same name. I deleted all .nfo files before starting.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please give me one real file path so I can try this myself.

EDIT:

It seems like filenames such as "720p.mkv" with no meaningful information otherwise somehow get skipped. There's nothing you can do about this, and thus may end up with the next best match from a nearby more meaningful file name.

In this case, I recommend pre-processing files with something like {folder.name}_{fn} to batch rename "720p.mkv" to "Avatar_720p.mkv" and so on.
yhm28

Post by yhm28 »

rednoah wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 08:52 Please give me one real file path so I can try this myself.

EDIT:

It seems like filenames such as "720p.mkv" with no meaningful information otherwise somehow get skipped. There's nothing you can do about this, and thus may end up with the next best match from a nearby more meaningful file name.

In this case, I recommend pre-processing files with something like {folder.name}_{fn} to batch rename "720p.mkv" to "Avatar_720p.mkv" and so on.
Thanks, I was able to get the same effect from an automator workflow, It added a sequential number to each filename to differentiate them. After that filebot had no problems.
yhm28

Post by yhm28 »

rednoah wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 08:52 pre-processing files with something like {folder.name}_{fn} to batch rename "720p.mkv" to "Avatar_720p.mkv" and so on.
Is there a way to rename without matching?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes ➔ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2072

Alternatively, if it's a reoccurring tasks, then I'd look into Presets.