keep renamed movie trilogies/franchises within subfolders

Support for macOS users
yhm28

keep renamed movie trilogies/franchises within subfolders

Post by yhm28 »

many movie series/franchises such as star wars use the series name at the beginning of each installment so they stay grouped together. Others do not, so I put them in their own subfolder. If I go to rename a large folder with some of these subfolders in them, filebot will move everything to a single directory. Is there a way I can have it maintain the subfolder structure? These subfolders would never be more than 1 level from the main folder. Thanks for your help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: keep renamed movie trilogies/franchises within subfolders

Post by rednoah »

You could use {collection} as part of your folder structure.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
yhm28

Post by yhm28 »

rednoah wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 05:58 You could use {collection} as part of your folder structure.
I am not using themoviedb collections all the time, sometimes i group by my own themes. Of course it always keeps the structure if I am using renamer mode, but if I am using it with themoviedb I would like to be able to keep the subfolders without having to process them separately.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You could use {folder.name} then. That'll give you the name of the folder where the file is currently located.
yhm28

Post by yhm28 »

rednoah wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 06:34 You could use {folder.name} then. That'll give you the name of the folder where the file is currently located.
Thanks, is there a binding for "current filename"? I don't want to rename these files, only add video specs.

Also, I noticed a bug in that 1ch PCM sources won't automatically rename, they are blank where the video specs should be. The files aren't corrupted, the specs show fine in MediaInfo.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{fn} is the current name.

What MediaInfo does FileBot see for the PCM files?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4285
yhm28

Post by yhm28 »

rednoah wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 12:24
What MediaInfo does FileBot see for the PCM files?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4285
As mentioned it shows 1ch PCM audio. All of my 1ch PCM movies have to be renamed manually.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please copy & paste the MediaInfo table. A sample file that allows me to reproduce the issue would be much appreciated. Can you provide a test case or screenshots that illustrate the issue you're facing?

PCM are audio files, so they don't have any video specs. Can your describe your use case more clearly, and how it's not working the way you expect? Screenshots would be immensely useful here so that I can get a general idea of what you're trying to do.