FileBot delete original files

Support for macOS users
Massaguana

FileBot delete original files

Post by Massaguana »

Hello,

here are sometimes the issue that FileBot delete the original folder/files after Rename process... sometimes it delete file, sometimes bot...

When you work on an local drive this is now problem because you can find files in trash... but when you are work on SMB/AFP moutet Drives the files are away... i have loos a lot of data... must use my Backup´s to restore the Data.. a lot of work
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot delete original files

Post by rednoah »

Are you using the GUI or the CLI? Can you reproduce the problem?

FileBot does not delete files. It may delete left over empty folders. You can always use Copy mode to process files, and then delete the originals yourself later as you see fit.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Massaguana

Post by Massaguana »

I Use the GUI and can’t provoke it... Is there an log available to see what happens?

What I must do to enable copy mode?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, if you use Rename / Move, then the original file will obviously not be there after the move operation.

If you use CMD and then call filebot you might see console logs if there's an error, but it doesn't really sound like there was an error.

You can change to Copy mode by clicking the Rename Settings Image button. Copy mode will naturally disable any kind of post processing (e.g. such as deleting left-behind empty folders).
Massaguana

Post by Massaguana »

Yes, after rename the orginal file are moved and renamed... thats okay. But sometimes FileBot deletes the original folder (not emty) complete... and it looks like when the rename/ move process are with an error the files are away... but there are no error message

Example, i rename 200 files (TV Show for Plex) and there is something wrong because there are only the first 30 files in the new folder... all other files are away... i must restore it out of my Backup..
i lose more than 5 TB data
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What kind of NAS are you using? I remember reports about some broken SMB implementations that erroneously report files to be 0 bytes, or folders to be empty.

If your NAS is buggy in the way described above, then I highly recommend using Copy mode just to be on the save side.
Massaguana

Post by Massaguana »

I use an Thecus N10850 NAS... but this "issue" that folder were deletes are also with internal drives... thats no SMB error.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Do you have a reproducible test case, or create one for me, or does it happen rarely sporadically? Can you share screenshots of what's happening step by step?

:idea: Randomly deleting files would be a severe issue that would have been reported heavily here in the forums, so if it's happening to you only, it's most likely something odd specific to your use case or system that somehow is different from everyone else, so I need your help to narrow down on what the source of the issue is.
Massaguana

Post by Massaguana »

Some test are done... it looks like to possible to reproduce it...

Yes, i do something different to user users...

- I do this work with 30 TB Data
- I work with Fuse Filesystems