macOS compilation error

Support for macOS users
adrianocr

macOS compilation error

Post by adrianocr »

*First and foremost, I'm not trying to freeload; I own a license.*

I'm trying to compile because 1) why not, and 2) I was going to take a crack at making some personal modifications to the app.

Here's the error I'm getting:

Code: Select all

Buildfile: /Users/USERNAME/Desktop/filebot/build.xml

init:
  [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource org/codehaus/groovy/antlib.xml. It could not be found.
  [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource net/filebot/ant/spk/antlib.xml. It could not be found.
  [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource org/vafer/jdeb/ant/antlib.xml. It could not be found.

revision:
     [echo] Revision: 5787

jar:

BUILD FAILED
/Users/USERNAME/Desktop/filebot/build.xml:219: Problem: failed to create task or type groovy
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

Total time: 0 seconds
I made sure I have JDK, ant, groovy, maven, and ivy installed. Unfortunately I just don't understand enough of what's going on to even know how to begin resolving this. Not exactly a Java expert.
rednoah
The Source

Re: macOS compilation error

Post by rednoah »

This particular error is about missing dependencies. You can automatically download all via ivy by calling ant resolve.

:!: Note that custom builds are only really feasible for offline features. Depending on what you are trying to do, you probably will have to recreate your own server-side infrastructure as well, which is difficult and not documented.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
adrianocr

Post by adrianocr »

rednoah wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 20:07 This particular error is about missing dependencies. You can automatically download all via ivy by calling ant resolve.

:!: Note that custom builds are only really feasible for offline features. Depending on what you are trying to do, you probably will have to recreate your own server-side infrastructure as well, which is difficult and not documented.
In that case... never mind. Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What customizations did you have in mind? If it's generally useful, I might implement it for the next release.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.