UNREGISTERED from Mac App Store?

Support for macOS users
johnpoz

UNREGISTERED from Mac App Store?

Post by johnpoz »

No idea why, but all of a sudden the version I paid for in the Mac App store says Unregistered and won't let me even rename files.

I did absolutely nothing, didn't update anything... all of a sudden it stopped working. What would cause this, and more importantly how can I fix it?

Thanks,

John
rednoah
The Source

Re: UNREGISTERED from Mac App Store?

Post by rednoah »

The Mac App Store version does not support CLI tools and never has. You most likely accidentally used the non-MAS version, and accidentally updated to the latest version. FileBot 4.7.9 used to be free on some platforms for some use cases. FileBot 4.8.2 uses the universal license model and so there is no more free version.

:arrow: You can send me your name / email / App Store payment confirmation (png / pdf shared via gdrive) and I'll issue you a complimentary 1 year universal license.

You will find many related threads here in the forums that will give you more information:
* viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6210
* viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5983
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
johnpoz

Post by johnpoz »

Ok, I figured out the problem...

I guess I HAD downloaded the standalone version, and it was not registered, and then I purchased the Mac Store version and it was registered. It was working fine, but when I shut it down and wanted to use it again later apparently I was launching the unregistered version!

So, I deleted that one and now all is working properly again!

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No worries. It's more common than you think, and both Windows and Mac. :lol:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.