Is there a Trashbin for Filebot?

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
SoupSpoons

Is there a Trashbin for Filebot?

Post by SoupSpoons »

Judging by some other topics I assume this may not be the case but just checking. I definitely take the blame for this one but on my Synology when having FileBot rename and move multiple shows with similar names at once (I got smug in my success so far and didn't catch this NOR did I run the process on a copy of the files) it may rename one episode correctly from Series A as "Series A - 01x01 - Episode Name" but then it gets to Series C and it may attempt to rename it as "Series A - 01x01 - Episode Name." In this process it appears to delete the first episode and then move the second episode in. I kind of expected it to hit an error and move it to "Unsorted" or something. It's happened to a few episodes so is there a option to undo? I found the command line for it but not sure if there's a GUI method of doing it.

The issue may be this, I ran it twice. The first time I ran it I caught my mistake so I stopped the process but when I realized that it was successfully renaming and moving the files I ran it again. I'm not sure if the file deletion at the destination folder was going on during the first process but I can inspect my logs when I get the chance.

Is there anyway to disable this behavior? I'm kind of shocked this is the default behavior.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Is there a Trashbin for Filebot?

Post by rednoah »

Not sure. Not by default anyway, but you if you do select --conflict override then you might end up overriding files. Also, using anything other than --action hardlink makes little sense on a NAS so by default, you'll want to keep old and new file entry.

* What was the command you executed?
* What was the console output?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.