Kodi library update at the end of the task

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Eluc

Kodi library update at the end of the task

Post by Eluc » 04 Nov 2018, 21:02

Hello,
I'm using FileBot Node on Synology, it works (more or less) nicely except the Kodi library update. I have inserted the IP of the Kodi but it didn't worked. So I tried to insert user:[email protected] with user and psw from kodi webinterface but still it doesn't update library. Any clue what could be wrong ? did I miss a step ?

rednoah
The Source

Re: Kodi library update at the end of the task

Post by rednoah » 05 Nov 2018, 17:14

Note sure. But if the built-in Kodi feature doesn't work, then you can always use the --def exec parameter (called Execute in FileBot Node) to run arbitrary commands (e.g. curl commands to talk to Kodi).

:idea: Using curl to talk to Kodi yourself would also be the first step in figuring out why FileBot is not working (either by finding the same problem independent of FileBot, or finding it's a FileBot specific problem).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

Eluc

Post by Eluc » 05 Nov 2018, 20:45

I just did a curl command to update library from Windows to my Android Kodi and it works fine. I'll try to investigate more and if nothing else I'll add the command as you suggested.

xIntenso

Post by xIntenso » 06 Dec 2018, 15:13

Sorry to necro this thread, but did you ever solve this? I am interested in how you achieved this (if you succeeded).

Eluc

Post by Eluc » 09 Dec 2018, 20:03

xIntenso wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 15:13
Sorry to necro this thread, but did you ever solve this? I am interested in how you achieved this (if you succeeded).
Sorry but I didn't solve it properly. I did a dirty work around with a second task in Synology Task Scheduler that is executed a few minutes after my Filebot script.

I really hope that one day I can trigger Filebot after a torrent is completed and then trigger the library update right after Filebot completed the job but I didn't figure it out yet and I'm not even sure it's possible with a Synology.

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » Yesterday, 08:30

What does your second task do then? Aren't you just calling a curl command? What curl command are you calling?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.