"Failed to read media info" on Synology

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
jggg

"Failed to read media info" on Synology

Post by jggg »

Hi there,

I'm probably far less technical than most here. I tried to do a search on this issue for Synology specifically and didn't find an answer. It appears the issue has been addressed before for QNAP recently, but the author figured a workaround and I'm not sure how they resolved it.

I'm getting the following error on every run:

Code: Select all

Failed to read media info: net.filebot.mediainfo.MediaInfoException: Unable to load amd64 (64-bit) native library libmediainfo.so: Could not initialize class net.filebot.mediainfo.MediaInfoLibrary
Here's the full output:

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/video/00_Inbox --output /volume1/video/ --action duplicate -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'seriesFormat=TV Shows/' 'movieFormat=Movies/' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log all --log-file '/volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'

------------------------------------------

x86_64
Locking /volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/data/filebot.log
Run script [fn:amc] at [Wed Mar 27 13:18:39 MST 2019]
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: seriesFormat = TV Shows/
Parameter: movieFormat = Movies/
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
Argument[0]: /volume1/video/00_Inbox
Use excludes: /volume1/video/.excludes (123)
Ignore hidden: /volume1/video/00_Inbox/.DS_Store
Ignore system path: /volume1/video/00_Inbox/@eaDir
Input: /volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie1 (2011)/Movie1.mp4
Input: /volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie1 (2011)/Movie1.srt
Input: /volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie2 (2011)/Movie2.mkv
xattr: [Movie1.srt] => [Movie1 (2011)]
xattr: [Movie2.mkv] => [Movie2 (2011)]
Group: [mov:Movie1 2011] => [Movie1.mp4, Movie1.srt]
Group: [mov:Movie2 2011] => [Movie2.mkv]
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [/volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie1 (2011)/Movie1.mp4]
Failed to read media info: net.filebot.mediainfo.MediaInfoException: Unable to load amd64 (64-bit) native library libmediainfo.so: Could not initialize class net.filebot.mediainfo.MediaInfoLibrary
Skipped [/volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie1 (2011)/Movie1.mp4] because [/volume1/video/Movies/Movie1.text.mp4] already exists
Processed 0 files
CmdlineException: Failed to process [/volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie1 (2011)/Movie1.srt] because [/volume1/video/Movies/Movie1.text.srt] is an exact copy and already exists
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [/volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie2 (2011)/Movie2.mkv]
Processed 0 files
CmdlineException: Failed to process [/volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie2 (2011)/Movie2.mkv] because [/volume1/video/Movies/Movie2.text.mkv] is an exact copy and already exists
Processing 3 unsorted files
[DUPLICATE] from [/volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie1 (2011)/Movie1.mp4] to [/volume1/video/Unsorted/00_Inbox/Movie1 (2011)/Movie1.mp4]
[DUPLICATE] from [/volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie1 (2011)/Movie1.srt] to [/volume1/video/Unsorted/00_Inbox/Movie1 (2011)/Movie1.srt]
[DUPLICATE] from [/volume1/video/00_Inbox/Movie2 (2011)/Movie2.mkv] to [/volume1/video/Unsorted/00_Inbox/Movie2 (2011)/Movie2.mkv]
Processed 3 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
------------------------------------------

[Process completed]

Appreciate any help to get this back up and running. Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Re: "Failed to read media info" on Synology

Post by rednoah »

Please read the Optional Features section and then install the MediaInfo package:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1802
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
chipinnc

Post by chipinnc »

If you've installed MediaInfo and all the other stuff they suggest and are still having issues, try this...

I still had the issue after looking at all the solutions. Finally found a fix...

Filebot.sh has these lines to say where the libraries "should be":

# select libjnidispatch.system.so from $(uname -m)-linux-gnu folder
LIBRARY_PATH=$(echo /usr/lib/*-linux-gnu*/jni | tr ' ' ':')
Which, when ran on my system produced this output:
# echo /usr/lib/*-linux-gnu*/jni | tr ' ' ':'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni

However neither libjnidispatch.so nor libmediainfo.so were there, they were in different directories under /usr/lib.

Use these commands to find them on your system:

find / -name libjnidispatch.so -print
find / -name libmediainfo.so -print
A simple symbolic link from the actual directories to the "Filebot expected directory" fixed the issue.

For my server, these commands fixed the problem:

ln -s /usr/lib/jni/libjnidispatch.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni/libjnidispatch.so
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmediainfo.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni/libmediainfo.so
Good luck!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

chipinnc wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 18:12 However neither libjnidispatch.so nor libmediainfo.so were there, they were in different directories under /usr/lib.
What does uname -a say on your system?
chipinnc

Post by chipinnc »

I'm running Ubuntu, it returns:

Linux xyzServer 4.4.0-148-generic #174~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 9 08:17:37 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Ubuntu 14.04.1 is 5 years old. I guess file system layout was slightly different back then. That explains it.
Nabzed

Post by Nabzed »

I get the same error msg but not on a synology. Its on a KDE Neon distro based on ubuntu.
uname -a gives:
5.3.0-46-generic #38~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 31 04:17:56 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I installed filebit with:
# bash -xu <<< "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fileb ... ler/deb.sh)"

I kind of tried the suggested method above but that didnt work for me..

Any suggestions? Problem comes up when I try to use renaming functions with modified stuff.. Like adding other expressions and it gives the error in the window. Then renaming just gives no value to the end file.

Using the built in renamings works fine it seems..