Synology Filebot Node Permissions Problem

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Predator2912

Re: Synology Filebot Node Permissions Problem

Post by Predator2912 »

Hias wrote: 07 May 2019, 19:18 Looks the same to me?
Not really.
Because for the reason that Rednoah wrote here.

rednoah wrote: 02 May 2019, 15:27 FileBot is running as a specific user & group, but your shell user might be running with multiple groups, resulting in slightly different fine-grained permissions.
While I do not know the internal user permissions as well as rednoah though but

Hias wrote: 07 May 2019, 19:18

Code: Select all

Owner: [Hias__(user)] 
--------------------- 
         [0] group:http:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:----  (level:2)
         [1] user:admin:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:----  (level:2)
         [2] user:plex:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:----  (level:2)
For me the admin user is the owner of the folder.
And both the admin and the admin group have permissions.

Folders:

Owner: [admin(user)] 
--------------------- 
	 [0] group:administrators:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:fd--  (level:1)
	 [1] user:MadM4x:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:fd--  (level:1)
	 [2] user:admin:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:fd--  (level:1)
Files:

Owner: [admin(user)] 
--------------------- 
	 [0] group:administrators:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:----  (level:2)
	 [1] user:MadM4x:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:----  (level:2)
	 [2] user:admin:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:----  (level:2)
But that's different with you...
Look at owner/group and user

Maybe that's the reason for your problems?
soulinferno

Post by soulinferno »

@Hias which NAS do you use (mine is 716+ for example) ?
Which filesystem do you use?
Which DSM Version do you use?
Have you installed latest java on your NAS?
Does your NAS support docker? - if yes try to set-up a docker container with filebot to check whether it works then.

Edit extra note: if you know a file/folder where everytings works with filebot then use this command:

stat -c "%a %n %u %U %g %G %F"  file.mkv
compare the same command:

stat -c "%a %n %u %U %g %G %F" file2.mkv
with the folder where filebot should read

Do this with the user that needs to see the files correctly and the whole folder and with the files inside as the permissions are kind of different there.
(if it's a webserver based application then also try to add the user http to be able to read the folders and files)
Hias

Post by Hias »

I am using the Synology DS216j with DSM Version 6.2.1-23824 Update 6
The filesystem my NAS is running is ext4. Docker is not supported on my model.
I have installed Java version 1.9 from rednoah.

File where everything works

admin@Mediaserver:/$ stat -c "%a %n %u %U %g %G %F" /volume1/Download/Fertig/True.Detective.S01E01.Die.lange.strahlende.Dunkelheit.German.DL.720p.BluRay.x264-RSG/rsg-true-detective-s01e01-720p.mkv

777 /volume1/Download/Fertig/True.Detective.S01E01.Die.lange.strahlende.Dunkelheit.German.DL.720p.BluRay.x264-RSG/rsg-true-detective-s01e01-720p.mkv 0 root 0 root regular file
File which is skipped

admin@Mediaserver:/$ stat -c "%a %n %u %U %g %G %F" /volume1/Download/Fertig/100.Dinge.2018.German.AC3.1080p.WEB.h264-PsO/pso-100dinge_web.1080p.mkv

777 /volume1/Download/Fertig/100.Dinge.2018.German.AC3.1080p.WEB.h264-PsO/pso-100dinge_web.1080p.mkv 0 root 0 root regular file
Folder where FileBot should read (and where both files from aboth are located

admin@Mediaserver:/$ stat -c "%a %n %u %U %g %G %F" /volume1/Download/Fertig
777 /volume1/Download/Fertig 1024 admin 100 users directory
gardinerr2

Post by gardinerr2 »

Still getting this on my 218j. Its not on all files, its random, but seems to happen on GOT each week. This is not happening on my 918+

Any ideas to fix this?
holsten

Post by holsten »

Just a quick amendment to the ongoing discussion.

I recently had the same issue, that files are skipped because there are allegedly too small when they obviously weren't. The problem pretty much started when I reinstalled Java to V12. From then on I also received the commonly seen warning messages.

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1 (file:/volume1/@appstore/filebot/jar/groovy.jar) to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Knowing that the warnings can be ignored, it stroke me that Hias and in another thread, related to the same topic, gardinner2 had the same warnings in there log.

Also, the problem seems not to occur with all files and that's the same for me. Renaming and moving went well for an MP4 and an AVI file, but the MKV files which were in the same folder at the same time where ignored. In this and the upper mentioned thread it was also always MKV files that have been ignored. Probably not all of them, indicating that it might be different for different codecs, but happens only for this container.

Setting the minimal file size to 0 solved the problem, at the price of virtually loosing the capability of using this filter...

I know it is all only correlative, but there seems a pattern of non-matching Java versions and MKV files. I had no time yet to look for the permissions, but I suspect it will be pretty much the same -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 root root for me.

Hope this helps in sorting this bug out.

Cheers,

holsten