[FileBot Node] Service Unavailable The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
baddog

[FileBot Node] Service Unavailable The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime

Post by baddog »

I installed FileBot using the instructions (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6014), but when i launch the FileBot Node a window pops up that reads "Service Unavailable The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.". I have a tiny experience with CLI & SSH, and tried following some posts about looking for log files but had no luck. What am i doing wrong?

Installed:

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.8.5
FileBot Node 0.2.8.7
Java Installer 1.9
Apache Ant 1.10.5
Thanks in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Unable to launch GUI

Post by rednoah »

What does the log say?

You can find the log with this command:

find / -name filebot-node.log

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11030
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
baddog

Re: [FileBot Node] Service Unavailable The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downt

Post by baddog »

It took me a little while to figure out how to access the system/root files in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ (it can be accessed using Window's native WinSCP, in case there are other newbs who are wondering).

The log read:

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/filebot-node/start: line 34: node: command not found
When I first installed it, I didn't realize I also needed to install QNAP's Node app, which I then installed after the fact. In case the installation order matters, I uninstalled & re-installed the Filebot apps, including Filebot Node, Apache Ant & Java. Sure enough, Filebot-Node launched (yay!).

I took it for a test spin with just a few files & came across a few issues.
#1: error logs included some warnings, not sure if it's a concern, but thought it was worth mentioning.

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1 (file:/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/filebot/jar/groovy.jar) to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
#2: the Group & Others permissions for the outputted Movie & TV folders changed, Write & Enter/Execute was revoked. Additional background, I've disabled the admin login for security reason, but my user login has admin privileges. What settings do I need to modify so that the folder permissions don't change?

This is a great piece of software - it's a sleek solution to many problems!!
rednoah
The Source

Re: [FileBot Node] Service Unavailable The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downt

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 4.8.5 is designed for Java 8. If you use Java 9+ then you will see this warning. It can be safely ignored though. It's not specific to FileBot.

FileBot Node simply calls the filebot amc script. The filebot amc script simply moves / copies files. Neither changes or touches permissions, though running as admin, those would probably be the default permissions for new files.

You can use the --def exec option to run your own chown / chmod commands on newly processed files & folders to get the permissions you want.

e.g. example post-process command:

--def exec="du -h {quote folder}"
:idea: This will just call du (show folder size) on newly processed folders, as an example. You'll want to do your own chown -R ... {quote folder} && chmod -R ... {quote folder} calls for a specific owner and permissions as desired.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.