Filebot Node is not responding.

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
cidman

Filebot Node is not responding.

Post by cidman »

My license for Filebot expired, so I purchased a new license and went to activate it, but got errors, which led me to issues with java, etc. So, I have uninstalled Filebot, Filebot Node, java 8, and node.js 4. I have reinstalled all the latest packages of Filebot, Filebot Node, node.js 12 and java-installer.

When I run Filebot Node it just hangs and never processes anything....
This is the output.

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/Movies/Process --output /volume1/Media --action TEST -non-strict --order Absolute --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/usr/local/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'

------------------------------------------

Run script [fn:amc] at [Sat Jul 11 12:25:42 MDT 2020]
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
Argument[0]: /volume1/Movies/Process
Use excludes: /volume1/Media/.excludes (0)
I'm pretty sure it has rights etc, I created a new Process folder, and renamed the .excludes file and it created a new empty one, but nothing is happening unless it is going to take a LONG time to process 4 files? before it would process quickly...
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Node is not responding.

Post by rednoah »

What does filebot -script fn:sysinfo (Tools ➔ System Information in FileBot Node) say?
viewtopic.php?t=1868

:idea: The amc script is a linear process, so if it doesn't crash or error out in some way, then it's still running and doing something. It can't freeze per se. If you let it run, it will eventually crash with some kind of error message. A typical reason for slowing down before crashing would be the process is running out of memory and spending all its time making memory available before eventually crashing. A vast number of other causes are conceivable.

:idea: If the problem suddenly appears, then I'd start with trial & error testing, to see what works, and what doesn't. You'll want to try with different files, different input folders, newly created shares / folders / files that can't possibly not work, etc.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cidman

Post by cidman »

Here is the output from fn:sysinfo:

filebot -script 'fn:sysinfo' --log-file '/usr/local/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'

FileBot 4.9.1 (r7372)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 19.09
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2020-06-18 (r655)
Groovy: 3.0.3
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 14.0.1
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 522 MB Max Memory / 41 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux srv6 3.10.105 #25426 SMP Tue May 12 04:51:33 CST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_avoton_1515+
STORAGE: ext4 [/] @ 1.1 GB | btrfs [/volume1] @ 8 TB
DATA: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin
Package: SPK
License: FileBot License P15759219 (Valid-Until: 2021-07-07)
Done ?(@???@)?

[Process completed]

I have played around with it quite a bit. I have 316 previously processed files and have removed all new file except those 316 in the input directory and have all those listed in the .excludes file. It will run and return with a error(100) code, which I think mean it ran but did nothing, which is expected.

I then removed the last entry in the .excludes file and executed it again and it re-processed the last file again with no issues, finishing in about 30 seconds or less.

I then copied over one new file of the series I have been trying to process and it is running to a long time again. It seems it is having a hard time identifying the season/episode? After 8 minutes and it still hasn't identified the file. The tv series I'm trying to process is The A-Team Season 3. This is the file name:

The A-Team - S03E01 - Bullets and Bikinis (1984).m4v
Here is the output so far:

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/Movies/Process --output /volume1/Media --action duplicate -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'artwork=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/usr/local/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'

Run script [fn:amc] at [Sun Jul 12 12:34:36 MDT 2020]
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
Argument[0]: /volume1/Movies/Process
Use excludes: /volume1/Media/.excludes (316)
Ignore system path: /volume1/Movies/Process/@eaDir
Should it be named differently or should I be using a different parameter?

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

My next thought would be to check whether it's the file name, or the file content, or something else, that's causing the issue.

e.g.
* Test with a file that is known to work, and then rename it to The A-Team - S03E01 and see if it now stops working
* Take the The A-Team - S03E01 file and rename it to something that is known to work, and see if it starts working now
* Copy the offending file onto a different file system (or better yet, different machine) and see if it works there to eliminate OS file system locks as the cause of the issue

I see no fundamental issue in the file name:

$ filebot -rename *.m4v -non-strict --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [The A-Team - S03E01 - Bullets and Bikinis (1984).m4v] to [The A-Team - 3x01 - Bullets and Bikinis.m4v]

:idea: If you're Linux-savvy, then you can log in via SSH and call kill -3 <PID> on the running java process. This will send Signal 3 to the java process, and the java runtime will dump all stack traces to console output in response. That will give you a snapshot in time of which threads are doing what.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cidman

Post by cidman »

Thanks rednoah -

Interestingly enough, it looks like there is an issue with the files. They worked in the windows gui filebot after it prompted me to select the series, but wouldn't work with filebot Node.

I am re-encoding them now and they appear to work fine with filebot Node.

Thanks again for your help!