QNAP Filebot Node "File does not exist"

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
nicholasmburgess

QNAP Filebot Node "File does not exist"

Post by nicholasmburgess »

Issue
I have not been able to get Filebot node to detect directories on my QNAP NAS. When running Filebot from a Windows machine it can run the AMC script without issue, however from within the NAS I keep running into this issue.

I have attempted to change directories and have the same issue.

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /Volume1/Multimedia/Files --output /Volume1/Multimedia/Video --action duplicate --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/opt/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'

------------------------------------------

File does not exist: /Volume1/Multimedia/Files
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu Jul 23 16:05:46 AEST 2020]
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
Invalid usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: /Volume1/Multimedia/Video
Abort (×_×)

------------------------------------------

[Process error]

🔺 Exit Code: 4
Troubleshooting
-I've uninstalled and reinstalled the QNAP Filebot, Filebot node and Java Installer via the App package
-Ensured that the directories are set to Read/Write for 'everyone'

I wonder if it's as simple as an error in how I'm entering the directory - but after trying some different combinations and looking at how other people have set theirs up I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for any assistance - I have really enjoyed using Filebot and would love to get it set up automated!

Best wishes,
Nicholas
rednoah
The Source

Re: QNAP Filebot Node "File does not exist"

Post by rednoah »

Type / and then follow the auto-complete until you find the folder you want. QNAP will typically make your network shares available in the local file system under /share:

e.g.

/share/Volume1/Multimedia/Files

:idea: Make sure not to confuse the QNAP Management UI with the actual Linux file system structure.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nicholasmburgess

Post by nicholasmburgess »

Fabulous - solved my issue.

Very much appreciated!
sjtsnix

Post by sjtsnix »

rednoah wrote: 23 Jul 2020, 06:59 Type / and then follow the auto-complete until you find the folder you want. QNAP will typically make your network shares available in the local file system under /share:

e.g.

/share/Volume1/Multimedia/Files

:idea: Make sure not to confuse the QNAP Management UI with the actual Linux file system structure.
I'm brand new to FileBot Node, and have just installed it on my QNAP NAS. I had no clue how to get the paths for Input Folder and Output folder.

Ehen I clicked on the dropdown and saw the examples, that didn't help my cause.... I was still lost.

typing a '/' after 'share'.... who'd of thought.... that was the golden ticket!

thanks,
SJ
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

sjtsnix wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 05:17 Ehen I clicked on the dropdown and saw the examples, that didn't help my cause.... I was still lost.
Understandable. Future versions of FileBot Node for QNAP NAS will give you the folder listing for /share instead of / when clicking on the drop-down button.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.