Launch filebot.sh from a docker container

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
DAVIZINHO

Launch filebot.sh from a docker container

Post by DAVIZINHO »

Hello,
I have the synology native apk installed on my synology nas (ds1819+) and works perfect!! (with a lifetime license).
I use a docker container to download, all perfect and put the files in a /downloads folder. easy

I want to launch a script (simple .sh) in the docker container (because this script launches automatically when a dowload finish) and use de filebot to rename and move.
My problem is that filebot by default is installed in /volume1/@appstore/filebot/filebot.sh and docker dont see this folder and cant access to it :-(

anyone know if i can launch the filebot.sh from this docker container? i what to use my synology native apk because i use filebot node from other purposes :-)

thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Launch filebot.sh from a docker container

Post by rednoah »

A docker container conceptually cannot execute programs on the host machine. It's best to think a container as a physically separate machine. Containers can talk to each other, but only via the network, just like physically separate machines.

:idea: I would recommend using FileBot Node / Synology Scheduler to schedule a amc script call once a day at 4am on your Complete folder.

:idea: You could create a prepared / scheduled task in FileBot Node, and then the configure your container to remotely call that task via a curl request.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DAVIZINHO

Post by DAVIZINHO »

ohhh, i suposse this, but i have hope in will posible.
i make a scheduler.
Thanks!
ryan780

Post by ryan780 »

I was able to accomplish this by using SSH. If you set up SSH to work without a password by creating an RSA key, you can then simply execute whatever command you want as long as your container has an SSH client and your host has an SSH server. I am doing this from my Transmission container after a download is complete. I just had to use the IP address assigned to my host system via the bridge network, which by default should be 172.17.0.1. So, within the container I execute "ssh <username>@172.17.0.1 sh -x ~/rename.sh" The script rename.sh contains the command line setup to run FileBot. It's a little convoluted but it works like a dream.