[BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
rednoah
The Source

Re: [BETA] FileBot for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

abescalamis wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 02:59 if I use filebot note it works but if I run the same command using SSH it doesn't.
This confirms that it's a user-specific permission issue. FileBot Node is running as system internal user FileBot. If you log in via SSH then every command you run is running as the user you have logged in as.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
abescalamis

Post by abescalamis »

rednoah wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 03:33
abescalamis wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 02:59 if I use filebot note it works but if I run the same command using SSH it doesn't.
This confirms that it's a user-specific permission issue. FileBot Node is running as system internal user FileBot. If you log in via SSH then every command you run is running as the user you have logged in as.
I been checking the permissions up and down and everything looks good, must be something synology changed, the only work around I can think of is to run the task as root until I find the solution, I know I shouldn't but I give up might be a synology bug.

With emby I changed the same permission as filebot and it worked right away, now that DSM 7 has been release many will have the same issue and will be easier to find a solution then
abescalamis

Post by abescalamis »

fixed it, it was something very simple, when I reinstalled filebot, I didn't work on it until next day, so the task ran automatically whiteout a license and it added to the exclude list.

I'm wondering why filebot added to the exclude list when it doesn't work due to license not activated.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

abescalamis wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 17:51 I'm wondering why filebot added to the exclude list when it doesn't work due to license not activated.
The exclude list prevents you from processing the same files over and over in an infinite loop. You don't want to FileBot to try to processing your files, and then fail every single time, a potentially infinite number of times.

:idea: The --def excludeList option is optimized for simplicity, and while complex custom retry behaviour is of course possible, it's best accomplished with higher level custom scripts that manage things and call filebot as necessary.
Phobos

Post by Phobos »

I'm not sure what I'm missing but the link for the DSM 7.0 Filebot spk returns a "no file" error. Just clicking on the link returns the page, "NOT FOUND". All the other spks download just fine. Am I screwing up something basic here? I've already installed Java and Filebot Node.

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

DSM 7 is now default, so DSM compatibility now works like so:

Code: Select all

*.spk ➔ DSM 7
*-dsm6.spk ➔ DSM 6
:arrow: https://get.filebot.net/filebot/BETA/
aprovelpd

Post by aprovelpd »

Hi,

thank you for your quick support of DSM7!
I have a small problem: FileBot always runs as root user.

I have on my DS218+ only FileBot installed without node.
FileBot is started as a scheduled task under the user "plex".
in the log is still the note:
/usr/local/bin/filebot must NOT run as root
Before the update it worked and ran under the user "plex".
My "script" is:

filebot -script 'fn: amc' /volume1/downloads/completed_jd --output /volume1/media --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang de -- def 'music=n' 'unsorted=n' 'artwork=y' 'subtitles=deu' 'clean=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'seriesFormat={plex}' 'animeFormat={plex}' 'movieFormat={plex}' 'musicFormat={plex}' 'excludeList=/volume1/scripte/Filebot/. excludes' --log info --log-file '/volume1/scripte/Filebot/filebot.log'
Do you know why it's running as root user?
What should i provide you to see why?

greetings
patrick
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can use filebot -script fn:sysinfo to see what $USER is calling filebot. /usr/local/bin/filebot does not change user, so it's running the commands as whatever using is calling it. There's no magic. Please read cat /usr/local/bin/filebot for details.

:!: If Synology Scheduler is running things as root even though you configured the task otherwise, then it's a Synology DSM issue. Pleases double-check with Synology support.

:idea: It's just a warning. You can ignore it if you want. Running filebot as root is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, but it's not necessarily a problem if you know what you're doing.

EDIT:

Note that the command you pasted includes an extra space, so it's either a copy & paste error, or not the command that you are actually executing:

filebot -script 'fn: amc' ...
:idea: Calling 'fn: amc' as opposed to 'fn:amc' will always result with an immediate Script not found error.
aprovelpd

Post by aprovelpd »

Hi,

i've checked everything. Seems to be an bug in DSM7.
I've changed my task to: "sudo -u plex filebot -script...." so it will run definitily as user "plex".

and yes was an copy/paste error. in my task it has no extra spaces :) thanks for telling me!
Tbright

Post by Tbright »

Just updated to DSM7 today and I can not make FileBot Node work in DSM7
I receive this message

Invalid Response
- url: "log.cgi?id=R162653966927&date=162539669323&status="
- response: undefined

Please disable your Ad Blocker. Check Inspect -> Console / Network for details
But I do not really know what it means. I do not have an active add blocker

Any help is welcomed
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What does the log say?
viewtopic.php?t=11030

:?: Have you tried uninstalling FileBot Node, then restarting your NAS, then installing the latest FileBot Node for DSM 7 yet?
Tbright

Post by Tbright »

rednoah wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 02:43 What does the log say?
viewtopic.php?t=11030

:?: Have you tried uninstalling FileBot Node, then restarting your NAS, then installing the latest FileBot Node for DSM 7 yet?
The think with the log is that "Please login via SSH and use the find command to find the log file:" is kind of way out of my league.... will try to watch a tutorial to how to do that....
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well... You can always try the uninstall and restart part first, clear browser cache, etc. That might give us additional clues. But the log is probably our last best hope of finding out what exactly is and isn't working.

Could be some built-in ad block mechanism. Could be some firewall. Could be the server-side service not running in the first place. Could be something else. Based on the information above, we only know that we're not getting a response.
remo

Post by remo »

Hello everyone.

Just updated my Syno to DSM7 today.

Now I'll get this error:

Permission denied: /volume1/xxx/xxx/xxx
No files selected: [/volume1/xxx/xxx/xxx]
* Consider using --file-filter "true" to disable your file filter
-remo

EDIT:
Seems to be good now.
The above error occured when running as normal admin user.
Switched to root - getting warning, but FB runs now.

THANK YOU!
alittler

Post by alittler »

I really, really should have waited before updating DSM, hachy machy.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

alittler wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 03:52 I really, really should have waited before updating DSM, hachy machy.
DSM 6 and before where completely insane from a security point of view, i.e. 3rd party packages run as root with read / write access to the entire file system.

As far as 3rd party packages are concerned, the changes imposed with DSM 7 were IMHO long overdue and absolutely necessary even if it breaks 3rd party packages. Synology could definitely improve the developer and user experience though.