Synology admin account and task scheduler

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
nano

Synology admin account and task scheduler

Post by nano »

After updating my DS918+ to 6.2.4-25556 I get the notification 'The default account "admin" is vulnerable to brute-force attacks, which may lead to ransomware attacks. Click here to create another administrator account, sign in with the new account, and disable "admin". turn off notification'

Yes I understand why this is happening and yes I would like to disable that account, but last time I tried to change the Filebot task from default admin to my name it would not run correctly. What are the steps to allow me to use Filebot node without it creating the task as admin?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Synology admin account and task scheduler

Post by rednoah »

The FileBot Node WebUI doesn't work on DSM 6.2.4 in the first place:
viewtopic.php?t=12504

:idea: Feel free to disable the admin user. This won't affect the FileBot Node WebUI being broken on DSM 6.2.4 one way or another at this point in time.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nano

Post by nano »

rednoah wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 03:53 The FileBot Node WebUI doesn't work on DSM 6.2.4 in the first place:
viewtopic.php?t=12504

:idea: Feel free to disable the admin user. This won't affect the FileBot Node WebUI being broken on DSM 6.2.4 one way or another at this point in time.
That is unfortunate.

In the meantime I spun up your Docker container and scheduled the task as myself instead for the time being.

I appreciate all your efforts if you choose to fix this for 6.2.4.

Thank you for all your hard work on Filebot!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

nano wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 01:35 In the meantime I spun up your Docker container and scheduled the task as myself instead for the time being.
Yep, I'd use docker for the time being if you can. DSM 6.2.4 seems to be exclusive for x86 arch devices for the time being as far as I can tell, so docker should work for those who could upgrade. None of my ARM arch devices have received the update yet.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.