DSM update has broken Filebot Node

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
spurstastic

DSM update has broken Filebot Node

Post by spurstastic »

Dear Rednoah,

Filebot Node was working wonderfully on my Synology DiskStation until 2 days ago, when I started receiving the following message:

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/torrents --output /volume1/media --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'clean=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/var/packages/filebot-node/target/data/filebot.log'

------------------------------------------

OpenJDK 64-Bit Client VM warning: Option --illegal-access is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
An unexpected error occurred during startup: Access Denied: /var/packages/filebot-node/target/data/filebot.log
java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /var/packages/filebot-node/target/data/filebot.log
	at net.filebot.Logging.createLogFileHandler(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.Main.initializeLogging(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.Main.main(Unknown Source)

------------------------------------------

[Process error]

🔺 Exit Code: 1
I've reinstalled Filebot, your Java installer and did a reboot = no luck!

I know you're currently troubleshooting other more serious issues, but ANY help would be gratefully appreciated!

P.S. I'm a complete noob, so I have no idea what SSH is and can never seem to run PUTTY commands, etc!

Nik.
rednoah
The Source

Re: DSM update has broken Filebot Node

Post by rednoah »

Looks like I generic file system / user permission issue. Did you recently disable the admin user by any chance?

:idea: This thread might be relevant:
viewtopic.php?p=54246#p54246
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
spurstastic

Post by spurstastic »

I did recently disable the admin account - on the advice of the Security alert - but have since re-enabled it and uninstalled >>> reinstalled Filebot Node but to no avail.

I noticed that the link you sent points towards installing filebot-node-0.4.0-noarch.spk...would you advise I try this?

Many thanks in advance!
Sharp

Post by Sharp »

Hey,

I have the same problem. I uninstalled everything but nothing has changed. I have already installed the linked new version but it is still there.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

spurstastic wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 06:50 I noticed that the link you sent points towards installing filebot-node-0.4.0-noarch.spk...would you advise I try this?
Yep, if you're on DSM 6.2.4 then you have no choice but to use the latest beta. That will only fix the WebUI though, and likely won't fix permission issues.

:idea: You may need to uninstall older versions of FileBot Node, before manually installing the latest package.

:idea: If you're using the WebUI, click Tools ➔ System Information so you can see as which user is running things.

:idea: If you're using SSH or Task Scheduler make sure to check which user is running things.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.