need filebot 4.8.5 for synology

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
joneng

need filebot 4.8.5 for synology

Post by joneng »

Hi

I have a DS 212j and 4.9 doesn't work; e.g. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11570&p=49093#p49093 - I thought I had kept a copy but can't locate it :(

It seems filebot 4.8.5 is no longer stored on https://get.filebot.net/filebot/

Can anyone help and provide a copy of v4.8.5 please?

Jon
rednoah
The Source

Re: need filebot 4.8.5 for synology

Post by rednoah »

If you're stuck on Java 8 then you can use the latest portable Linux package (i.e. *-portable-jdk8.tar.xz) on any generic Linux device, including Synology NAS:
viewtopic.php?t=6057
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
joneng

Post by joneng »

I've installed the portable package but I get an error in FileBot Node (v0.2.8.4): {success":false,"error":"Error: Cannot find module 'basic-auth'"}

for info, Node.js is v0.10.48-0163

due to being on DS212j I think these are the latest versions of FileBot Node and Node.js that I can use successfully. Is there anything I can do to resolve this error, or is it not compatible?

I know everything works with FileBot 4.8.5, just wish I'd kept a copy of the installer. Is there anywhere I can get it?

Thanks
Jon
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot Node and FileBot are completely unrelated. If FileBot Node doesn't work, then installing a different version of FileBot has no effect.

:idea: FileBot Node solely relies on there being a command named filebot. You could write your own fake filebot one-line shell script that does nothing and FileBot Node would be none the wiser.

:?: What version of Synology DSM are you using? Did you make any modifications to FileBot Node, such as the DSM 6.2.4 authentication workaround? (i.e. these modifications are not tested with older versions of FileBot Node and therefore might not be applicable to very outdated versions of FileBot Node)

Code: Select all

{success":false,"error":"Error: Cannot find module 'basic-auth'"}
:idea: I'm not aware of any particular minimum version of FileBot Node. Depends primarily on your DSM version and what version of Node.JS is available for your device. FileBot Node is not tested with Node.JS v0.10 so it might not work, or it might work, or it might partially work depending on what you're doing and how things are configured.

:idea: If HTTP basic authentication doesn't work, then you could try disabling FileBot Node authentication altogether:
viewtopic.php?p=53906#p53906
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.