filebot process hangs after printing the Input: /path lines

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
fbotuser

filebot process hangs after printing the Input: /path lines

Post by fbotuser »

Hello,
I deleted movie from a plex. It was added by FileBot in Synology.
Edited .excludes file and deleted that movie name. Added movie again to "Sync" folder, started filebot but it won't add and move movie to Movies folder.

FileBot shows me status "Running" for about 5 minutes.

DSM 6.2.4
FileBot Node 0.4.0
FileBot 4.9.3

Any help please?
Thank you.
filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/sync/ --output /volume1/Multimedia/ --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'plex=10.31.0.51:VdTSr8oT_x5pbxX_z9ZG' 'seriesFormat={plex}' 'movieFormat=Movies/{plex.name}' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/var/packages/filebot-node/target/data/filebot.log'

------------------------------------------

/volume1/@appstore/filebot/filebot.sh must NOT run as root
Run script [fn:amc] at [Sun Apr 25 19:37:10 CEST 2021]
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: plex = *****
Parameter: seriesFormat = {plex}
Parameter: movieFormat = Movies/{plex.name}
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
Argument[0]: /volume1/sync
Use excludes: /volume1/Multimedia/.excludes (32)
Ignore system path: /volume1/sync/@eaDir
Input: /volume1/sync/Mortal Kombat 2021.mkv
Input: /volume1/sync/Mortal Kombat 2021.srt
xattr: [Mortal Kombat 2021.mkv] => [Mortal Kombat (2021)]
xattr: [Mortal Kombat 2021.srt] => [Mortal Kombat (2021)]
rednoah
The Source

Re: re-add movie to plex?

Post by rednoah »

Well, the log shouldn't end there. Did the process crash or is it still running?

:idea: What does Tools ➔ System Information say?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
fbotuser

Post by fbotuser »

running for about 10 minutes, then got status "Failure"
filebot -script 'fn:sysinfo' --log-file '/var/packages/filebot-node/target/data/filebot.log'

FileBot 4.9.3 (r8338)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 19.04
Tools: p7zip/9.20 unrar/5.21
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2021-02-22 (r738)
Groovy: 3.0.7
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15.0.2
JVM: 32-bit OpenJDK Client VM
JAVA_OPTS: -Xmx526m
CPU/MEM: 2 Core / 533 MB Max Memory / 20 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux DS216play 3.10.105 #25556 SMP Thu Mar 4 17:50:04 CST 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux synology_monaco_ds216play
CPU/MEM: ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l) | STi SoC with Flattened Device Tree [MemTotal: 690 MB | MemFree: 16 MB | SwapCached: 17 MB | SwapTotal: 2.1 GB | SwapFree: 2.0 GB]
STORAGE: ext4 [/] @ 1.3 GB | ext4 [/volume1] @ 629 GB
USER: root
DATA: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/0
Package: SPK
License: FileBot License XXX (Valid-Until: 2021-05-01)
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

[Process completed]
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Are you sure it just says Failure? Does it not also say [Process error] and Exit Code: something?

:!: According to MemFree: 16 MB, your NAS seems to pretty busy right there. Your DS216 likely isn't powerful enough to run multiple memory-intensive processes at the same time. I'd look into what processes are running and using up resources. Your NAS should be powerful enough to run one instance of filebot well, but if Plex is transcoding a stream at the same time, then the system will likely run out of resources and slow to a crawl.
fbotuser

Post by fbotuser »

Don't agree. It worked fine for me. For example, now I want to add new movie to plex. It's in sync folder, started filebot task, same result. RAM is 40%, CPU 30% in Synology. Plex is in linux server, it only loads multimedia from Synology.
filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/sync/ --output /volume1/Multimedia/ --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'plex=10.31.0.51:VdTSr8oT_x5pbxX_z9ZG' 'seriesFormat={plex}' 'movieFormat=Movies/{plex.name}' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/var/packages/filebot-node/target/data/filebot.log'

Run script [fn:amc] at [Sun May 02 21:16:05 CEST 2021]
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: plex = *****
Parameter: seriesFormat = {plex}
Parameter: movieFormat = Movies/{plex.name}
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
Argument[0]: /volume1/sync
Use excludes: /volume1/Multimedia/.excludes (0)
Input: /volume1/sync/Tom.and.Jerry.2021.1080p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.x264-DeDo.mkv
I see file has been added to .excludes but movie wasn't copied to Multimedia/Movies. It worked perfect with previous version of filebot and DSM

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

fbotuser wrote: 02 May 2021, 19:23 It worked perfect with previous version of filebot and DSM
Based on the information above, using an older version of FileBot is unlikely to make a difference, but you can try using and older version and see for yourself:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/

:idea: The logs suggest FileBot didn't crash and is thus chugging along fine, just very slowly apparently, for some unknown reason. My best guess is lack of free memory, based on the information above, but it could be anything.

:arrow: I'd look into what processes are running and using up resources. If Plex isn't running on your NAS, then what's using up all the memory? You'll want to rely on Synology Task Manager / Processes (or htop via SSH) to check what your NAS is and isn't doing at the time.

EDIT:

You could try to reduce CPU / RAM usage (with the loss of some functionality) by forcing Movie Mode / Series Mode instead of relying on auto-detection. The auto-detection code starts right after the code that prints the "Input: ..." lines so that's most likely where it's stuck at, as that is the first CPU / RAM intensive phase of the process. Additionally, selecting disable media index and disable media parser will speed things up in a memory or I/O constrained system.

EDIT 2:

Another memory related peculiarity is that your devices reports MemTotal: 690 MB when it should have 1 GB RAM according to the DS216play hardware specification. Seems strange to me, but maybe it's normal? IDK.