Filebot - Node fails to launch

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
TheMamaback

Filebot - Node fails to launch

Post by TheMamaback »

DS918+ / DSM 6.2.4-25556
I have tried filebot-node-0.4.0-noarch.spk with a manual download pkg install.

Trying to start fresh because i dont even get any sort of interface when launching FileBot-Node; (Where as previously, hitting execute simply did nothing, now i somehow got to a situation where the filebot client-side Web UI doesn't even come up at all)

So,
Uninstalled Filebot, Filebot-Node, Java Installer, and reinstalled all packages via package center

From the Synology Pkg Center dialog, clicking Filebot-Node "Run" produces a Loading dialog box for a few seconds and then nothing.
If i run Filebot-Node via the DSM main menu, it does produce an error:

Code: Select all

{"success":false,"error":"Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, uv_cwd"}

filebot -script fn:sysinfo
--> https://pastebin.com/1kULf8ya

var/packages/filebot-node/target$ cat start
--> https://pastebin.com/JYd9A6ta

Thank you

[UPDATE]
Restarting the synology box brought the client-side Web UI back to life; Execute did nothing as expected. Manually installed the 0.4.0 package and performed another synologoy hardware reboot. Now, when launching Filebot-Node, a new web browser window opens up with a port:5452 and times out with "This site can’t be reached"
Is there a manual port that i need to open? The opening of a new browser window was unexpected so maybe some setup i missed here?
Last edited by TheMamaback on 26 Apr 2021, 06:13, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot - Node fails to launch

Post by rednoah »

What does the FileBot Node log say?

cat /var/packages/filebot-node/target/filebot-node.log
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=11030

:idea: Note that you are not using filebot-node-0.4.0 according to cat /var/packages/filebot-node/target/start. Please uninstall FileBot Node and then install filebot-node-0.4.0 manually before running any tests or checking any logs.

EDIT:

{"success":false,"error":"Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, uv_cwd"}
:arrow: Reboot does the trick.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pietpara

Post by pietpara »

Hello,

I just updated DSM 6.2.4, installed the latest Filebot, Filebot-node and Node.js v12 and Java installer from Rednoah with the 6.2.4. package source.
Apart from this taking half of my day to do, I now can´t run Filebot-node. On my Windows PC, accessing via webinterface my Disktationplay, I get the Filebot-node window with only a ´Not found´message. On my Android tablet, doing the same, I get an Error.
I checked the filebot-node.log file and it says nicely filebot-node listening at http://127.0.0.1:5452.

What can I do do to fix this?

But more importantly, why is it such a hassle to get Filebot-node to work again after each upgrade? I´ve been using this for many years now, and the issue of it breaking each time an upgrade is done is really annoying. I really hope you can understand the user perspective. The most annoying thing is the issue with Filebot doing it´s thing, but then the files not showing up anywhere and needing to use the synoindex command to scan and register files. Can´t this be fixed permanantly? No other app in the world has this problem.

Thanks a lot,
Pietpara

PS, just got a small step further. Deleted .excludes, cleared the source folder from all folder but one, rebooted Synology again. Now Filebot-node starts the complete GUI, but whatever command I try Éxecute, License or System info, the thing just hangs after processing a bit but process never ends.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

pietpara wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 19:59 But more importantly, why is it such a hassle to get Filebot-node to work again after each upgrade?
DSM 6.2.4 and DSM 7.0 break things in ways that are known and well understood at this point. I'm not aware of common Synology DSM / FileBot Node upgrade issues before that point, and I expect there to not be any major upgrade issues with Synology DSM 7.* and FileBot Node going forward, once everything is set up (i.e. dependencies, permissions, etc).

pietpara wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 19:59 The most annoying thing is the issue with Filebot doing it´s thing, but then the files not showing up anywhere and needing to use the synoindex command to scan and register files. Can´t this be fixed permanantly?
FileBot Node 0.2.9 (released Mar 3, 2020) and higher add --apply refresh to each filebot command, which in turn calls synoindex -R for each newly processed directory. However, the reason for Synology DSM sometimes not displaying files that are in fact there (for some users, but not all) is not well understood, so calling synoindex -R just-in-case and hoping that it does something is the best we can do here.

pietpara wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 19:59 PS, just got a small step further. Deleted .excludes, cleared the source folder from all folder but one, rebooted Synology again. Now Filebot-node starts the complete GUI, but whatever command I try Éxecute, License or System info, the thing just hangs after processing a bit but process never ends.
What does System Information say? Please post screenshots so that we can see what the console output says. The filebot process always ends, but on a busy system that's out of memory, that could take a while. You can always login via SSH and then use htop to see what the system is doing or not doing.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.