Filebot via Docker on Synology - AMC copies but can't move

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
lynchpin

Filebot via Docker on Synology - AMC copies but can't move

Post by lynchpin »

Hi all,

I recently got this container up and running on my Synology via Docker and it's going well. I want to expressly use it for AMC, and I have permissions set correctly (I think) and mapped to PGID and PUID in variables. I ran it with some dry runs to test and the log indicated it was matching media well, so I changed the environment variable to "move", and the script has created folders where the media should be moved to, but doesn't move and rename the media files.

Censored log as follows:

[amc] Input: /watch/movie_filename.mkv
[amc] Group: {Movie Actual Name} => [movie_filename.mkv]
[amc] Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
[amc] Auto-detect movie from context [/watch/movie_filename.mkv]
[amc] [MOVE] from [/watch/movie_filename.mkv] to [/output/Movies/Movie Actual Name.mkv]
[amc] [MOVE] from [/watch/movie_filename.mkv] to [/output/Movies/Movie Actual Name.mkv.mkv] failed due to I/O error [Access Denied: /watch/movie_filename.mkv]
[amc] Processed 0 files

Image (these match the UID and GID I got from SSHing into the Synology and checking the user's ID).

If it's creating the folder in the destination, then the write permission is OK I'm assuming for that folder, but it's not able to move a file from the watch directory. The permissions on both directories for the same user are identical. Is there anything else I may be missing?

Any pointers would be great - thanks :)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot via Docker on Synology - AMC copies but can't move

Post by rednoah »

If it says Access Denied then it's definitely a permission issue. If you're using --action move then the OS will require both read/write permissions since move implies delete:

Code: Select all

[MOVE] from [/A] to [/B] failed due to I/O error [Access Denied: /A]

:!: Since you are using docker, make sure that you are mounting volumes in read+write mode.

:!: Since you are Synology DSM, be aware of Linux ACLs, because traditional Unix permissions mean nothing if there's ACLs that overrule them. You can use synoacltool to compare ACLs.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lynchpin

Re: Filebot via Docker on Synology - AMC copies but can't move

Post by lynchpin »

Thank you! The steps in the image you posted fixed it right up. I had no idea I needed to do that as well as have folder permissions.

Many thanks :)