No files selected for processing

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
jesulito

Post by jesulito »

Hello!

I bought Filebot but I've seen that if I delete exclude list: .excludes, then the films are processed but I think that .excludes need it because it could have problems.

Why if I use .excludes Filebot show this message?

Thank you!

Code: Select all

Ignore hidden: /"my_root"/.excludes
Done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

------------------------------------------

[Process completed]
rednoah
The Source

Re: No files selected for processing

Post by rednoah »

:?: Please copy & paste the complete command-line and console output. If you're using FileBot Node, please copy & paste the complete text content in the black box.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.

Your .exclude list file is in the input folder, and so FileBot will ignore this file (just like any other hidden file) from processing:

Ignore hidden: .../.exclude
:idea: This is the correct behaviour. You don't want to process your exclude list file. You only want to process your media files.

You're not passing in any input files or folder for processing:

:idea: The input folder you're passing in either doesn't contain any media files, or appears to not contain any media files due to permissions.

:!: If you're using Synology DSM then you may need to explicitly grant file access permissions:
rednoah wrote: 10 Jul 2014, 06:56 Package Permissions:
DSM 6.2.4 and DSM 7 restrict file system access by default. FileBot Node may not be able to access your files unless you explicitly grant permission first.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jesulito

Post by jesulito »

rednoah wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 02:28 :?: Please copy & paste the complete command-line and console output. If you're using FileBot Node, please copy & paste the complete text content in the black box.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.

Your .exclude list file is in the input folder, and so FileBot will ignore this file (just like any other hidden file) from processing:

Ignore hidden: .../.exclude
:idea: This is the correct behaviour. You don't want to process your exclude list file. You only want to process your media files.

You're not passing in any input files or folder for processing:

:idea: The input folder you're passing in either doesn't contain any media files, or appears to not contain any media files due to permissions.

:!: If you're using Synology DSM then you may need to explicitly grant file access permissions:
rednoah wrote: 10 Jul 2014, 06:56 Package Permissions:
DSM 6.2.4 and DSM 7 restrict file system access by default. FileBot Node may not be able to access your files unless you explicitly grant permission first.

1. I know why this is happening.
If I set it to exclude files and the .excludes file does not exist then Filebot detects everything as exclusive, and excludes everything.
So if I create the .excludes file then Filebot works! =)
The only question, let's imagine that I create an .excludes file, that text file, how do I have to separate the file extensions that I want to exclude?
rar, png
or
rar png
(within the text file .excludes I mean)

2. If I remove from the configuration that excludes .excludes and leave that field empty, I understand that it does not exclude anything, therefore it would process everything, nothing happens if I do this, right? I have read that I can be penalized or something like that.

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If the exclude list doesn't exist, then that's the same as having an empty exclude list. Typically, the exclude is created after the first run when new file paths are added.

:idea: Note that the exclude list is about keeping track of previously processed file paths. If you want to ignore certain types of files (to prevent them from being processed in the first place) then the --def ignore pattern option is what you're looking for.

You just need to make sure you don't end up processing the same files over and over ad infinitum. The exclude list option is one easy and generic solution for that problem.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.