Filebot Node "Delete tasks"

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
jesulito

Filebot Node "Delete tasks"

Post by jesulito »

Hello!

With Filebot node, when I create a task, they are in Task Column but if I want to delete a task, in filebot node to QNAP. How can I delete task?

Thank you!

rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Node "Delete tasks"

Post by rednoah »

You cannot delete task status messages. If you must, then restarting the FileBot Node Service (or restarting the entire NAS) should clear these types of status messages.

:idea: Notably, these are not actively running processes, just status messages, so you can have an infinite amount of them in the list and it still won't affect your NAS performance.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jesulito

Post by jesulito »

rednoah wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 02:21 You cannot delete task status messages. If you must, then restarting the FileBot Node Service (or restarting the entire NAS) should clear these types of status messages.

:idea: Notably, these are not actively running processes, just status messages, so you can have an infinite amount of them in the list and it still won't affect your NAS performance.
Thanks for your answer.

1. True, I have restarted filebot and now except scheduled tasks are gone.
Where are the scheduled tasks deleted from? I would not like to have a long list to find in the future in case I want to make any modifications to them. Is it possible to delete a scheduled task?

2. Can you recommend a QNAP program to schedule the url of that cron task that Filebot creates?

Thank you !!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Prepared Tasks cannot be edited or deleted, at least not via the WebUI. You can uninstall the package though to reset everything.

:idea: You can have an infinite number of prepared tasks, it's just configuration files in the .qpkg package folder, so you can always create a new ones if you're not happy with previously created ones.

EDIT:

:idea: You can make your command somewhat editable by using @file syntax to read the --def name=value script parameters from some predefined text files. That way you can edit the given text files to change the behaviour, even if you can't edit the command itself.

e.g.

Code: Select all

--def movieFormat=@/path/to/MovieFormat.groovy

FileBot Node does not create or manage cron tasks. AFAIK, QNAP doesn't have a WebUI for scheduling commands, but if you're familiar with the command-line, then you can use the system cron to run commands on a schedule.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.