[Synology] FileBot Node: Access Denied

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
landu

[Synology] FileBot Node: Access Denied

Post by landu »

Hello,

I used filebot note on a Synology in the latest version.

However, since an update, the format setting for series no longer works correctly.

I would like the files for series to be renamed as follows (example)

X:Serien/BreakingBad/Staffel 1/Breaking Bad - S01E01 - The Beginning

What would I have to enter in the output?

Currently I have the following, but it does not work with this

Serien/{n}/Staffel {s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
rednoah
The Source

Re: File Node Formatoption not working

Post by rednoah »

Looks good to me. What exactly doesn't work? What does the console output say when it doesn't work as expected?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
landu

Post by landu »

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume2/xx/Input --output /volume2/xx/Output --action duplicate -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang de --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'seriesFormat=Serien/{n}/Staffel {s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/var/packages/filebot-node/var/filebot.log'

------------------------------------------

/volume2/xx/Input: Access Denied: /volume2/xx/Input
Run script [fn:amc] at [Sat Aug 28 15:49:19 CEST 2021]
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: seriesFormat = Serien/{n}/Staffel {s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
i am logged in as admin. ANd i do have the access rights
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The FileBot Node process does not have permission to access /volume2/xx/Input according to the console output:

Code: Select all

/volume2/xx/Input: Access Denied: /volume2/xx/Input
:!: This is completely unrelated to any particular custom format that you may or may not be passing along. Your custom format is never used because no files are processed, and thus has no effect one way or another.

If you have recently upgraded to DSM 7.0 then you may want to familiarize yourself with the newly enforced package permission system:
rednoah wrote: 10 Jul 2014, 06:56 Package Permissions:
DSM 6.2.4 and DSM 7.0 restrict file system access by default. FileBot Node may not be able to access your files unless you explicitly grant permission first.

Hallin

Re: [Synology] FileBot Node: Access Denied

Post by Hallin »

Just chiming in to say I am getting the same error as OP. I'm still on DSM 6. I updated Filebot and Filebot Node 3-4 weeks ago and used them several times without issue. But today it is suddenly saying it doesn't have access to my input folder, and my output folder is not writable. I haven't changed any security settings or updated my OS or Filebot in the past few weeks, so I'm not sure what could've changed. But I'm just adding this here because it makes me think it's not a problem with my or OP's setup, but rather something that changed with DSM and/or Filebot.

EDIT: I should've tried following those permission steps before commenting. I made those changes and it works now. Thanks, red!
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Synology] FileBot Node: Access Denied

Post by rednoah »

Package permissions were optionally introduced with DSM 6.2.4, and are now enforced by DSM 7. The latest version of FileBot Node runs with package permissions on either platform.

:?: If you don’t explicitly grant permission, then it won’t work. Does the FileBot user have read/write access to the given folders according to the Synology Permission dialog?

:idea: Due to changes in DSM, the uninstall script of older versions of FileBode Node may fail to kill the running node process, so it may not actually update (i.e. start a new node process from the updated package files and configuration) until you reboot the system.