[SOLVED] Invalid usage: output folder [/volume1/files] must be separate from input arguments [/volume1/files]

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Joombler

[SOLVED] Invalid usage: output folder [/volume1/files] must be separate from input arguments [/volume1/files]

Post by Joombler »

[Paths used below are just an example]

I have a Synology NAS on which I put files on @ /volume1/files
The directory name is matching the filename put in the shared folder /volume1 by my download manager

Issue: once I run filenode with this command

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/files --output /volume1/files --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'ut_label=xx'  'unsorted=y' 'artwork=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/var/packages/filebot-node/var/filebot.log'
I get this error:
Invalid usage: output folder [/volume1/files] must be separate from input arguments [/volume1/files]

What does that exactly mean?
Note: I have also a Windows version of Filebot which runs fine creating a Plex compatible folder/file name in same source/destiny folder location it is located in.

Happy to receive your thoughts on this, thanks! 8-)
Last edited by Joombler on 03 Oct 2021, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
-- With both feet on the ground you can't make any step forward...
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileNode for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by rednoah »

Input Folder and Output Folder most not be the same file path. You may need to move or files from /volume1/files to /volume1/files/Unorganized so you can then sort them into /volume1/files/Media.

YES:

/volume1/files/Unorganized --output /volume1/files/Media
NO:

/volume1/files --output /volume1/files

:idea: FileBot Node is used for unattended automation. You don't want to process the same files over and over. You want to only process files that haven't previously been processed. Separating input / output into separate folders is just good practice.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Joombler

Re: FileNode for Synology DSM 7.0

Post by Joombler »

rednoah wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 11:42 You don't want to process the same files over and over. You want to only process files that haven't previously been processed. Separating input / output into separate folders is just good practice.
Agree, thanks. Will setup my entire download process to this procudure then.
So FB does move files from one folder to another as well?
What put me on the wrong foot is that using the GUI of the Windows version, this is not an issue at all.
-- With both feet on the ground you can't make any step forward...
rednoah
The Source

Re: [SOLVED] Invalid usage: output folder [/volume1/files] must be separate from input arguments [/volume1/files]

Post by rednoah »

Indeed, using absolute formats (e.g. X:/Media/{plex} on Windows) is generally recommended, in both GUI and CLI. By defining the desired destination path exactly and absolutely, we eliminate room for error. Please read FAQ #1 for details.

:idea: If you use /volume1/files as input and then process /volume1/files/Avatar.mkv to /volume1/files/Movies/Avatar 2009/Avatar 2009.mkv what prevents you from then processing /volume1/files/Movies/Avatar 2009/Avatar 2009.mkv in every subsequent run? It's in /volume1/files after all. If you use the GUI, then you know which files / folders to select and not to select. The amc script will do as instructed every time and process everything in /volume1/files, and thus input and output must not be the same.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.